Should I get Global Agenda?

ríomhaire

Staff member
Reaction score
Global Agenda is an MMO with no subscription fees (I think you can pay extra money to earn loot and XP faster) that one of my friends has been bugging me constantly to get. It does look pretty fun. Everyone has a jetpack and there are four classes and the gameplay looks actually skill-based and not just based on your level. Eg, you can get upgraded jetpacks that have the benifit of something like 1% or 2% less power drain. You don't become a god when you level up. I like that more that the usual stupid RPG fair of being able to punch god in the face because you've gathered enough numbers. It also has no fees.

I have some cash right now and it's on sale for six bucks on Steam for the next few hours. So I think I might get it, if only to shut my friend up. Anyone here play(ed)? Any suggestions?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/17020

Constantly high pings for an fps, good mixture.

Not that it'll do much good with only a few hours left on the sale, but there's a trial. I tried it, it didn't really impress me. The general consensus I've gathered from elsewhere is "it's good for a while." I think they may have improved it with a patch recently but I don't know any specifics.

Constantly high pings for an fps, good mixture.
It's a TPS, but in any case surely that wouldn't matter as much for non-PVP missions? I've watched my friend play, it seems to work fine and his internet connection isn't exactly godlike (he uses a USB dongle).

Not that it'll do much good with only a few hours left on the sale, but there's a trial. I tried it, it didn't really impress me. The general consensus I've gathered from elsewhere is "it's good for a while." I think they may have improved it with a patch recently but I don't know any specifics.
Well for less than the price of a cinema ticket good for a while might be fine. Apparently the recent patch made the level cap higher and added stuff, but I don't know the specifics.

After the trial I decided no-go, myself. As a shooter it was clunky, unresponsive and completely uninspired. As an MMO it's heavily instanced and adds nothing particularly interesting. Just seems generally unpolished and, well... boring.

cmd ping 203.116.28.37 for Singapore servers (globalagenda.com for US), will display your ping; let me know what you get!

Why would I check what my ping to Singapore servers is?

It's worth the $7.50 imo, and can be fun when you are in the mood. In terms of gameplay it's very similar to Team Fortress 2, but with jetpacks, and a leveling system. Not really an MMO, just a multiplayer shooter with RPG elements.

Though if I remember the first 10 levels of leveling are ****ing boring, because you have to run around fighting a lot of NPC's because you need to be level 10 before you are allowed to play MP.

Makes me want to reinstall it. Each class is surprisingly fun and diverse. I play medic, oddly enough you can create an offensive medic, they are extremely powerful. The only class that is "eh" is Recon, you have to be pretty awesome at it in order to be good or useful at all, similar to the spy in TF2.

Back