Simply the best game ever made....

G

gordonpwns!chief

Is any game better? Honestly. Since HL1, I have been amazed. The action, suspense, storyline...however you break it down. I have a friend who thinks Halo holds a chance at being better than the Half Life saga on it's respective console. *cough* *Xbox* *cough* No way! It's simply the best game on PC by far...better than anything on console I've ever played. Who agrees??? Half Life (One, Two, Episodes 1 and 2, Portal, and the Deathmatch games) is the Best video game ever! :sniper:

Welcome... Welcome to halflife2.net...Yes, my friend, I do. We all do.

I find it funny that halo fanboys feel the need to directly counter Half life with Halo. Shame they never realise console games are about 3 years behind pc games in quality.

Ahh, yes. The only game I love as much is the Silent Hill franchise. And Katamari Damacy is up there, too. Then again, those are all completely different games...

I find it funny that halo fanboys feel the need to directly counter Half life with Halo. Shame they never realise console games are about 3 years behind pc games in quality.

Even though Orange Box is available on Xbox? Also, unless your a blind idiot, you would notice that Half Life fans bash Halo more than vice versa.

Even though Orange Box is available on Xbox? Also, unless your a blind idiot, you would notice that Half Life fans bash Halo more than vice versa.

Thats only because Halo is more popular than HL2. If HL2 became as popular (which I think it is just on its way now that it has been released on consoles) as Halo, Halo fanboys would feel the need to bash HL2 more and more.

I can't really say anything, I have only played the Halo 1, so I don't know how its story/game quality has been lately.

Actually, I worked in a LAN center for well over a year with a dozen Xbox 360s and a dozen PCs, and there were FAR more ignorant Halo fanboys bashing HL and every other PC game than there were PC gamers, much less HL fans, bashing Halo at all. So I'm not sure who the blind idiot is here. Also he's pretty justified in saying that consoles are behind PC games because generally speaking they are, even if consoles are still able to compete at the moment- they won't in 2 years.

Btw I played Halo 3 for the first time the other night against some friends and won 25 - 8 - 4 - 3. Given that I've played Halo 1 (PC) for about 2 hours and Halo 2 on Xbox for about 1 hour in my entire life, and they play it all the time, I'm going to go ahead and submit that Halo 3 is not only painfully simple and a bad game, but also that Half-Life fans are entirely justified ripping on Halo because we're fans of the game that is hands-down undebatably better.

Better would be an understatment, the Halo games dont even come anywhere near the brilliant of Valve's games.

I stopped playing video games for a long time, then I went to my mom's friends place and he was playing halflife 2 with his kids and I played. I was like holy ****! I'm buying this, I can't stop playing :|

I think everyone is entitled to an opinion, and there will always be conflict between them, It is my personal opinion that there was a time when every map or little nuance in a games design was important to the package, every area felt like it had been thought about alot and developed over time, it is somthing i feel has faded as games have increased in size and scope, but somthing valve has still remained true to, In so many other FPS games now I can run through areas without seeing them as anything more than another corridor to the next chapter, but I can happily remember every damn room from the tram ride to the helicopter in the half-life series.

PShhh... Episode 2, Halo 3, all these games are over-rated. and honestly, I could care less about Portal or TF2.I bought the orange box for Peggle Extreme!

This post is dripping with sarcasm, for those unable to process it.

X Com: Enemy Unknown is the best game ever made. Not sure where Half Life fits into the scale of things.

Ep2 is certainly the best FPS I've played. I didn't think HL2 and Ep1 were better than Half-Life (but not worse), but Ep2 is.

My all-round favourite games are still Metal Gear Solid and Tetris.

Ahh. I'm so glad everyone agrees with me! Well, most everyone. I still remember my old friend introducing me to HL1, back in the day. Now, years later, he's bummed out in Iraq and hasn't gotten a chance to play HL2 or the Episodes.

It was so funny though, back then. I was like, "Is this all you do in this game? Walk through this facility talking to these lame scientists?"

I think that the first half of Episode Two suffered in comparison to the rest of it, but other than that Episode Two beats pretty much anything else out there, including HL2 and Episode One.

I think HL2, Ep1 and Ep2 are all about the same quality, personally.

I agree with that assessment. I'd give HL2 a 10, Ep 1 a 9.5, and Ep 2 a 10. HL2 has been may favorite game since it came out and now the series as a whole has become my fav of all time. Not to just bring it up again, but I have interesting debates with a freind of mine who, of course, likes HL2, but thinks Halo is way better. :)He made me get Halo 3 when it came out, and I made him get the orange box, which he has been playing non-stop when he plays his 360 now, but he still says after he beats Ep2 he's done and going back to Cheif.

PShhh... Episode 2, Halo 3, all these games are over-rated. and honestly, I could care less about Portal or TF2.I bought the orange box for Peggle Extreme!

This post is dripping with sarcasm, for those unable to process it.

Oh. I thought you were serious!

Actually, I worked in a LAN center for well over a year with a dozen Xbox 360s and a dozen PCs, and there were FAR more ignorant Halo fanboys bashing HL and every other PC game than there were PC gamers, much less HL fans, bashing Halo at all. So I'm not sure who the blind idiot is here. Also he's pretty justified in saying that consoles are behind PC games because generally speaking they are, even if consoles are still able to compete at the moment- they won't in 2 years.

Btw I played Halo 3 for the first time the other night against some friends and won 25 - 8 - 4 - 3. Given that I've played Halo 1 (PC) for about 2 hours and Halo 2 on Xbox for about 1 hour in my entire life, and they play it all the time, I'm going to go ahead and submit that Halo 3 is not only painfully simple and a bad game, but also that Half-Life fans are entirely justified ripping on Halo because we're fans of the game that is hands-down undebatably better.

That's nice, although I still see a ton of foaming at the mouth idiots bashing Halo and its popularity. I love Half Life 2, but I can't help but feel annoyed when Halo is brought up in every conversation when describing Half Life 2's quality. Especially when people say "it's smarter! There are puzzles!" Newsflash: Half Life 2 doesn't have puzzles. And while the enemies are fun to kill, the AI is still pretty bad.

Halo doesn't compare to HL2 in any way. The reference i have on Halo is the first hour of the first game. I drew the conclusion that it was utter crap. There was practically no storyline and i got bored really damn fast. With HL2 the night i got it i played for about 6 hours straight.

Therefore, i conclude that HL2 is ze best game evar.

My reference is that I played both games through all the way and Halo does some things better than Half Life 2 and vice versa, IMO.

My reference is that I played both games through all the way and Halo does some things better than Half Life 2 and vice versa, IMO.

...Bob Saget, eh?

And: I like I lot of things about Halo. It's very pretty, and it's fun for the most part.

However, the HL franchise has all of the above, and the story and character development blows Halo's out of the water by a long shot.

So, HL = win. :)

Back