Since the De-Nuke update all Source Engines Crash!

B

Blood

Ok, well, another great update with De-Nuke and HDR (i dont use it) but after that every Source Engine Apllication crashes with Bluescreens or System Restarts (HL2, CSS, HL2DM, every mod ive installed) after 10 Minutes!

K, i got an Old Mashine: Athlon XP 2100, Radeon 9500 + 1 Gig DDRram Win 2k Service pack 4 + updates!

Maybe it has something to do with the adressing of memory for A.I. or something with HDR i am not sure!

Anyway, anything was running clean before that update, for hours & nights & Months, any solutions? :angry:

I had to reinstall CSS due to buy menu problems, and CSS still doesnt exit correctly.

You should not go anywhere near HDR with a 9500, which I hope you know. Also, your processor is way underpowered. Though, I can't understand why it would go to a blue screen...

His processor's fine.. I used to run Source without a problem on an XP1700. It won't be causing your BSODs. I guess re-installing might be the way forward. Is your card overheating perhaps (you say it dies 10 minutes into a session)?

yes, sounds like an over heating issue. got anything overclocked? try installing an extra fan if you got one spare temporarily to see if that's the case.

Indeed, overheating. Are all your fans working?

Oh, and turn off HDR in video options if you think you've got problems with them :p

Everything was running Properly before that update, and no i dont use hdr! :bounce:

Have you tried forcing it to Directx 8.1.?
link

It might crash because it tries to force your card to DX9, as chewyxx said.

BSOD's are down to either fooked drivers, or faulty hardware.

The engine itself cannot cause a BSOD unless it triggers something faulty.

Why should i run it in DirX 8.1 it was running properly before that update, and i dont want to run it in DirX8.1, my card is able to use DirX9! Maybe it has something to do with the new HDR or Bot-code! :borg:

BSOD's are a pain...that's where they get the 'OD' part from, I suppose...

If you have an ATI card, try turning your AGP speed from 8x to 4x, and turn off fast write. This might fix it if it's an overheating issue, but tbh it doesn't really sound like it is. Maybe try validating your Steam files? There's a link somewhere.

Can't really think of anything. I had a BSOD problem randomly pop up due to Zonealarm once, there was zero I could do to fix it, and had to stop using ZA forever.

Back