Single Map Mods

Gergor

Hunter
Reaction score
Personally, I really enjoy modding on Source, but I just don't have the time to join a full-time project. So I was wondering if there are any people like me who are skilled and would like to collaborate on single map or map pack projects. I am a good mapper, but I have no modelling skills and limited texture creation skills. I would like to form teams of 3-5 people to collectively work on single maps. Each team would be composed of 1 or 2 mappers, texture artist/skinner, modeller, sound designer, and any other positions that may be necessary for the specific map.

I feel that this would give a lot of people the opportunity to work collaboratively, but not eat up all their time. I also feel that making a single map a team effort could greatly improve the quality of user-created maps.

So if anyone is interested in creating a single, content-rich map or map pack for CSS, HL2DM, or perhaps another mod, contact me. EDIT: I'd also be interested in doing short single-player episodes.

[email protected]
AIM: nextportnoy

I wouls be interested, but all i can do is level design, as in blueprints. If you would like someone like me, let me know on this thread ciz my email is gonna be down for a while.

That would be great. If you happen to know or can find anyone that does any of the other stuff I listed, tell them about it. But anyway, once your email is back up shoot me a line and we'll talk about some ideas. Or just IM me.

That is a great idea, Gergor, I hope you have good luck with that. Seems everyone wants to make a huge-ass mod, and the teams all fall apart. Aim lower, and you might hit the target. :thumbs:

I'm currently making a mini-mod all on my own, comprising of the player fighting his way from the top of a skyscraper down to the basement, a street-fight section with squads and striders, and maybe something else (haven't got that far yet)

I wouldn't mind joining this project, just for people to make me props and textures (making my own has been hard work)

Sounds like a good idea. Some Single-map Single-Player mods sounds interesting. There are only a few major mods that interest me, so prehaps some of these would take my fancy. Since I'm currently in Uni, I know how you feel regarding time eating up at a project. I'd like to join up if you're interested. I can map ok, so this will help me in that regard. If you need a website, I can do that too if you guys want.

Back