Skreck News

A

Azlan

In the wake of Boone's End update, Skreck has also sent in a few pieces of work. Skreck is one of the other main survival horror mods in the works. They have released a few shots to help satisfy those interested.[br]

[br]To support this mod, visit their website by clicking here.

Sick window. And undetailed knife. And book. The book is quite sick. Maybe you could read it. That would probably be the most intriguing characteristic in the game..compared to that sick window.

Im getting really tired of all these crap screens...

No offense, but maybe modteams should start releasing media when they actually have something worth showing, like that Caliber mod.

A book, a knife and a window (using weapons and textures from HL2) is not exactly exciting and good promotion...

SixThree said:
Im getting really tired of all these crap screens...
Heh - not me! I'm looking forward to the final mod! Weee! Everything is good! :)

I thought it said 'Shreck news' at first. and now I wish it had

Looks absolutely dire

That's not a hip-hop term. It's a correct word in the english language that means "having bad consequences."
Stemmed from the Greek word deinos.

Glo-Boy said:
That's not a hip-hop term. It's a correct word in the english language that means "having bad consequences."
Stemmed from the Greek word deinos.

Get me some Windex for these screenshots.

I was kidding. I know the English Its a well language!
And windex cant get that poop out of the screen. Maybe some good models. Super models. WITH windex. Or without. Either way...Super Models.

Mods should learn to put an extra layer of polish on things they release.

If they did this just so they can be "right on the heels of the Boon's End mod" then shame on them!!! That's the absolute worse reason to release something... Think about it... Would you rather have rushed crap? Or wait longer and have absolutely magnificent media?

If they can't get it perfect, go to a forum dedicated to helping users like cgchat.com or something...

Oh and please please please don't just clip a knife through an eye like it is stabbing it ever again.... I mean that's not good enough... You gotta have blood stains, maybe deform the model a little at the knife... If you are going to do something like that, at least put a little effort into it!! :(

No offense to the mod team though... I just hope they take this as constructive criticism and learn from it! :)

Iced_Eagle said:
Mods should learn to put an extra layer of polish on things they release.

If they did this just so they can be "right on the heels of the Boon's End mod" then shame on them!!! That's the absolute worse reason to release something... Think about it... Would you rather have rushed crap? Or wait longer and have absolutely magnificent media?

Please note that when I stated that in my initial post that I was in no way saying that the Skreck team was trying to compete in any way, shape, or form with Boone's End.

More importantly, please remember that not every mod development team has members of the same caliber. Certain teams have experienced staff that have worked on previous Half-Life 1 mods, as well as other games. Those mods are going to look the best just because of their experience. So please give newer teams a chance too, even if they don't look as good as the experienced teams. It's like comparing apples and oranges, if you think about it.

In addition to that, please remember that Halflife2.net posts news on all upcoming mods and does not generally pass judgement on mods. The only exception is if a mod looks notably great.

PvtRyan said:
No offense, but maybe modteams should start releasing media when they actually have something worth showing, like that Caliber mod.

A book, a knife and a window (using weapons and textures from HL2) is not exactly exciting and good promotion...

I have to agree with you. Though I don't mind the odd update showing renders or models, that's all we're getting atm here (except Caliber ofcourse). :hmph:

the eye and knife screenie is possibly the worst screenie ive seen yet.

I think it'd been better if they had waited and like perhaps, gotten the models ingame, that'd been better imo.

im sure this could be a great mod but they really aint selling well with those awful screens. They really should post somethig that represents the mod as a whole - Is this a game about killer windows books and eyeballs?

Azlan said:
Please note that when I stated that in my initial post that I was in no way saying that the Skreck team was trying to compete in any way, shape, or form with Boone's End.

More importantly, please remember that not every mod development team has members of the same caliber. Certain teams have experienced staff that have worked on previous Half-Life 1 mods, as well as other games. Those mods are going to look the best just because of their experience. So please give newer teams a chance too, even if they don't look as good as the experienced teams. It's like comparing apples and oranges, if you think about it.

In addition to that, please remember that Halflife2.net posts news on all upcoming mods and does not generally pass judgement on mods. The only exception is if a mod looks notably great.

Well, quite honestly i don't play mods out of sympathy for the creaters. Indeed they have every right to get their media promoted, but that also means that every user here has the right to give out his oppinion.
Personally, i think the screens a plain and boring. Should i force my self to think otherwise just because the team is unexperienced? I think not, because this is mod promotion and not request for our help in making their media better.
I also sense that very little effort has actually gone into those shots, and this can't be excused by lack of experience.

I agree with everyone else saying that they should wait with releasing media, until they have something decent to show for it. Having to rely on the pitty of the community will take them nowhere.

To Tycho: I agree that all forum user members have a right to give their opinion, negative or positive. I was only giving another perspective to look at it in, as some people might see those pictures and think they could help their team out.

Come on. A picture of a window? And I thought it said Shrek, as in the Ogre from the movie. XD

Azlan said:
It's like comparing apples and oranges, if you think about it.

Yeah, except this time, I only want to eat apples...

I think it's more like comparing apples and *poop*. They should have just waited........IMO!

I'm quite impressed with their ability to make utter shit.

why are people just complaining on pics instead of giving constructive crits or dont post at all..

Noone wants to hear you say just "It sux" or stuff like that.
I have gotten people say stuff like that to my mod to and it doesn't help on morale thats for sure.

so next time please just dont post..

although i do agree that they should have waited abit and gotten some more media to release.
the renders are lacking depth. at least the knife pic.. you guys should get some better shaders to on the metal..
and I would choose a camera angle from more top down view with a wall or something instead of having the ground just suddenly stop..

I hope this helped a bit and I am looking forward to how this will turn out :)

Back