SMOD Remastered

Reaction score
http://www.hl-improvement.com/forums/index.php?topic=5334.0

Someone went and took smod and tweaked the everloving crap out of it.

List o changes from smod and from the previous version of remasterd

CHANGES FROM SMOD:REMASTERED

New Weapons

Some of the weapons have been replaced/added, Here's a list:

MS Bomb - Is now the SLAM from Half-Life 2: Deathmatch.

Weapon_custom3 - M249 SAW.

Grease Gun - UMP-45.

Weapon_custom2 - MP5K.

MP5 With M203 - FN P90.

Weapon_custom1 - Dual Berettas.

Molotov Cocktail ("Added" in SMOD37)

Hopwire Grenades ("Added" in SMOD37)

AN-M14 TH3 INCENDIARY HAND GRENADE (Added in SMOD37)

Desert Eagle (weapon_custom7)

MP7 (weapon_custom6)

SVD (weapon_custom8)

SIG P228 (weapon_custom10)

FAMAS F1 (weapon_custom9)

Winchester (weapon_custom4) replaced by M4A1.

Player model selector replaces chapter selector.

Now instead of selecting what chapter to play you now select one of these player models to play as.

-Adrian Shepard
-Alyx Vance
-Agent Smith
-Barney Calhoun
-Citizen
-F.E.A.R. Point man
-Gordon Freeman
-Master Chief
-SEAL Team 6
-Solid Snake

Note each model has its own settings so it is not just a model change. Details about the player models and the Special Abilitys are in the readme/manual.

Other Changes:
-Quick crowbar, pistol, And grenade buttons
Holding these keys down brings your crowbar, your pistol, or grenade out and releasing the key brings out your last weapon used, Note that the crowbar auto fires as long as the button is held down while with the pistol/grenade you need to press the fire button while holding the key down.

-Updated SMOD Remastered: Redux to SMOD version 37a2.
-A new blood flying effect. (Added in SMOD37a)
-A Weapon Category script file that can define can not carry weapons, pistols, SMGs, And so on.(Added in SMOD37a)
-Some new console commands. (Added in SMOD37a)
-Made the ANM14 grenade use limited ammo. (Added in SMOD37a)
-Fixed the hopwire but in a odd way. When you walk into a beam it does lots of damage as long as you stay in the beam but does not explode. (Added in SMOD37a)
-Gravity Grenade can be reused by picking it up after throwing it. (Added in SMOD37a2)
-New NPC: Bullsquid. ("Added" in SMOD37)
-Many commands renamed.(Added in SMOD37)
-Many new commands added.(Added in SMOD37)
-Different bullet models. (Added in SMOD37)
-New weapon sounds. (Added in SMOD37)
-New visual effects. (Added in SMOD37)
-Date specific event added at d2_coast_12 on 7/29. (Added in SMOD37)
-Secondary fire added to Strider cannon. (Added in SMOD37)
-A new combine urban model.
-Fixed camera view added.
-Combine soldiers now jump and crouch while firing sometimes and can use RPG's, Pistols, And Crowbars with animations.
-Ironsights tweaked.
-Weapons given there real names.
-Crosshair remains on in ironsight mode, This also fixes the no crosshair problems.
-Removed grenade throwing voices.
-All kinds of adjustments/additions made to the mapadds.
-Citizens no longer auto join you, You have to go up to them and press use to get them to join you.
-HECU soldiers now have voices from Half-Life: Opposing Force.
-Citizens now have random weapons in the "Anticitizen One" and "Follow Freeman" chapters.
-New music.
-Gamestartup music is random now.
-Bugfix cfg for those with lower graphics cards.
-New sounds for bullet time bullet impacts.
-New menu backgrounds.
-New mapadds and/or random weapon sets for these custom maps:(NOTE: You will need to download the maps/mods before you can play them, You can find links to them here: http://www.amphibian.fsnet.co.uk/HL2/ )
MINERVA 1: Metastasis 1 - Carcinogenesis
MINERVA 1: Metastasis 2 - Downhill Struggle
Das Roboss
The Rock
Garrison
DayHardPart1

Smod is the best thing Japan has ever produced, bar nothing. I'm looking to tearing through Combine with the FAMAS.

They SERIOUSLY need to include a map with enemies that keep spawning or that you spawn manually, with different settings, so you can just duke it out non-stop. I grow tired of having to have short-lived battles in the HL2 singleplayer, on top of waiting for maps to load.

But anyway, SMOD ****ing owns.

I'd just like to say that this is FAR better than normal SMOD. Seriously- it's so much cooler in general. Plus the RE4-style over-the-shoulder view kicks ass.

Ok. I just beat it, and I give it an 8.5 overall. It would've been WAY higher, but a few of the scripted sequences failed to happen, and a lot of the music SUCKED. Otherwise, it was spectacular.

I dled it a while ago, and I wasn't able to pick up a lot of the weapons- is that part of the game? Also, I didn't see any of the player model options.

WAITAMINUTE I just remembered I have the onemanshow edition, which is probably the problem.

I dled it a while ago, and I wasn't able to pick up a lot of the weapons- is that part of the game? Also, I didn't see any of the player model options.

WAITAMINUTE I just remembered I have the onemanshow edition, which is probably the problem.

You may have not been able to pick up some of the weapons because on older versions they had the max number of weapons you could pick up set at 12 or something.

This game has been crashing a lot for me, twice today I've had to force restart. I dunno if my settings are too high or what, but it's bothering me...

Back