Smod Tactical Delta 4 question--and is HL2 always so glitchy?

T

Talon

Hi everyone,

Yes, another post. I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix the fact that when using weapons in smod tactical delta 4, the weapons from the old "smod" (not tactical) have no alternate attack--I mean that their alternate attack doesn't work. Also--HL2, or rather, "source engine" games period, are the glitchiest games I have ever played. The problems I am always having are with the sound. In the middle of intense gameplay, suddenly the whole thing freezes, and when I semi quit out by using the "start" key--there is a sign saying "vpu graphical recover--your graphics driver stopped responding to commands--it has been reset.
Is there a way I can fix this annoying aspect without shutting the sound off?

Thanks--Talon (am I asking to many questions?).

Well for starters it would be good to know what hardware your running this stuff on. I have never had vpu glitches like that before. Also make sure your drivers are up to date. as for smod I don't know, I've never played it...

2.4 Ghz AMD single core processor.
1800 ati radeon X1800.

Another issue is sound--it keeps freezing into a loop--I have a:

ATI 200 Unified AV stream driver
Realtek AC'97 audio

I have problems like this also. Usualy it happens from annoying people talking on their microphones. Is their anything i can do to stop their chatter from interupting my game. Worst off it always ends up glitching as soon as some one is about to kill me. But it only seems to happen when someone is using a microphone.

Back