Sniper Alley

ray2624

Reaction score
Can't get past Sniper with laser scope on train line.
assistance.... assistance

use the terrain for cover and throw grenades through the blacked out windows they're shooting from

Been doing that, grenades don't even reach structure, never mind window........

Guess I have to tell you all :p

SNIPER1#
As you come to sniper are you got 1 teammate. Let him die, hes making it difficult. now at sniper1# There are lots of gaps in the walls of the blocks. now i want you to get to the gaps until you can see the 2nd sniper.

SNIPER2#
If you go towards the sniper2 and dodge the bullets, in the beginning of the building (BLG1) ur running towards, thers a room (R1) where u can hide.

Now you can do the gap thingy to get near sniper2.
Now run in the room which is on the other side of the alley (R2).
SNIPER1#
/ ____________________ R2 _____
-------/-------------------------------------|SNIPER2
|'''''/ _________ R1 ________________|
!!YOU!!

SNIPER3#
You meet him as you go up the building.
on the 2nd floor there is an unlimited grenade box so fill urself.
Now throw nade to th e 2nd floor sniping guy, hes here:

|
| ___________________
SNIPER3 ------------ |UNLIMITED GRENADES|
|P1 '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
|
|STAND AT THE P1 SPOT WITH GRENADE. LURE SNIPER | |TO SHOOT AND THEN THROW NADE TO HIS WINDOW!.

SNIPER4#
Keep going until the uppest floor of the building. You will see Barney, our old black mesa friend there threatened by the 4th sniper.
Go to barney.
Now go to P1 which is hide and lure sniper to shoot. WHen he has shot, come out of ur hide and throw nade to the window

SNIPER4
/ \
/ \
__ / ___________\ ____
| (BARNEY) P1|
| |''''
'''''''''''''''''''| |''''''''''''''''''''''''
| |

FINALLY LONG GUIDE DONE!! Sorry for hard-to-understand pics :p

Darn the symbol pics didnt help the scaling, sorry, hope u make it :)

OH MY GOD!! I JUST SPENT 30MIN WRITING THAT GUIDE!!
And i wrote it from wrong part of the game!! nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

-Joppewo

ps: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The key on the second sniper is to hug the wall on your left, and crouch under train cars until you're close enough to smell his B.O. If the barrel on the lumber car hasn't exploded yet, you're still too far away.

Oh and watch out for headcrabs in the grass while your crawling around under train cars.

After going through that part it occured to me that I could have used some objects as shileds! I can't remember if there were any non-explosive barrells around there. Just pick them up & move forward for a bit of extra cover .............. Actually that doesn't solve the problem of the gut shooting you in the back does it :rolling:

you know i also wonder if he's making a mistake that i make frequently...

since most things that go boom come from the alt mouse button.. i sometimes forget that a right click on a grenade lofts it while a left click throws it...

could be why he's not even clearing the structure.

After u take out the first one, run behind the train with all the steel tubes on it.......to the right of the train you'll see a trolly with a box on it. Get rid of the box and try to flip the trolly on it's side.....pick up the trolly with your grav gun and casually walk towards the sniper......at least thas what I did :upstare:

Back