so did you guys like the benchmark

heh, yeah it really made my jaw drop ;)

Did they ever OFFICIALLY say that the benchmark would come out. NO! When they delaye the game you should have taken it to mean everything that was supposed to come with it would get delayed. Were you expecting an instruction manual also.

I wouldn't download it anyway, I want some suprises left for when i actually get the game.

Originally posted by MMhardKy
The problem is, you haven't missed a thing.

That's a double negative, which means "it's good you missed something" Which certaintly isn't the case

Originally posted by mrchimp
I wouldn't download it anyway, I want some suprises left for when i actually get the game.
Yeah, I'm sure a benchmark would totally ruin it.

Havent we already seen the video for the benchamrk, the one with the shiny ant lion

no but ATI is showing off a NEW video TOMORROW! (new hl2 video)

so we might get the video from them after the presentation tomorrow, orrrr probally have to wait till friday

Originally posted by sportz103
That's a double negative, which means "it's good you missed something" Which certaintly isn't the case

ummm...errr....wha?

They said the benchmark would be out _WITH_ the official game.

News sites: Ehm well duh, then it's the 30th september then.
Other news sites: Well it's the 30th september then.
Even more news sites: It's the 30th september, cross their hearts.

Originally posted by commando

so we might get the video from them after the presentation tomorrow, orrrr probally have to wait till friday

links?

Originally posted by FISKER_Q
They said the benchmark would be out _WITH_ the official game.

News sites: Ehm well duh, then it's the 30th september then.
Other news sites: Well it's the 30th september then.
Even more news sites: It's the 30th september, cross their hearts.

You have it backwards dude. They actually did say that the benchmark would be released September 30th, which in turn made news sites think "Oh, well HL2 is still on for September 30th, I guess we can just say the benchmark will come out along with the release of HL2!"

On top of that, the fact that it was stated that the benchmark was comming the 30th is what made more people "convert" from the "it's delayed" side to the "it's not delayed" side.

yup, they kept it quiet just like the delay. I don't see why people care so much...

Originally posted by mrchimp

That's one of the most retarted things I've heard. I know I'm wondering how well it'll run on my PC, since it is one of the first DX9 games out.

And I'm sure the Benchmark will ruin the ending for ya...
.. Jesus christ

Originally posted by nsxownzme
That's one of the most retarted things I've heard. I know I'm wondering how well it'll run on my PC, since it is one of the first DX9 games out.

.. Jesus christ

so when tarts are baked in the bakery, and they lose some of their tartyness, they need to be retarted before eaten?

he originally said "you haven't missed a thing"

meaning...you have not missed anything. how is that a double negative?

Originally posted by poseyjmac
so when tarts are baked in the bakery, and they lose some of their tartyness, they need to be retarted before eaten?

Yes! :D

max payne 2 needs directx 9 as well doesn't mean hl2 is the best benchmark for it.

Ruin the game?

Let's see. The benchmark will not show you any new footage. It will play some scenes (dx9 video, strider, buggy, etc...) in real time, so your machine will render the scene, but no new footage.

How can this ruin the game?

you wont miss anything if you use the benchmark, it wont be any gameplay or anything like that.

Originally posted by commando

woho! :D

ehm... links? :|

New vid tomorrow, huh?

As for the benchmark *not* comming out tomorrow:
I told you so I told you so I told you so... (lol)

I agree with maybe waiting to run the benchmark. I've already bought the components of my hl2 system, so running a benchmark isn't going to change how my system runs when I accually get the game. I want to save all the oooh's and ahhhs for when I get it.

i have a theory that something will be leaked in the next week or so.

a theory? thats a pretty strong word.. you know the big bang is all but completely proven and its still a theory...

Maybe you should have said something like "I am totally pulling shit out of my ass" before you made that statement.

Who's to say that the benchmark utility hasn't already been released to hardware sites, but they can't publish results due to NDA's etc?

In the ATi conference, it says that the benchmarks would be released to "you", ie the hardware/gaming press, not those of us sitting at home with nothing better to do :p

Originally posted by twofold
Who's to say that the benchmark utility hasn't already been released to hardware sites, but they can't publish results due to NDA's etc?

In the ATi conference, it says that the benchmarks would be released to "you", ie the hardware/gaming press, not those of us sitting at home with nothing better to do :p

havent you seen any hardware sites with the benchmarks?? you live under a rock

The problem is that he hasn't missed anything. Meaning that it's a problem there hasn't been anything to miss. Meaning he wishes there would have been something to miss. He doesn't really care if the guy misses it or not, but if he misses something, then at least there is something to miss. If the guy didn't get anything and didn't miss anything, then there couldn't have been anything.

There's no double negatives in that. :)

That is most certainly not a double negative statement. Nice try though.
Double negatives (negations) contradict what the writer is saying. While the word "problem" usually carries negative connotations; it is not considered a negation.

BTW, I want HL2.

The benchmark so owned!! im getinng 125fps with my 2.2 all eye candy!!! :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:

Originally posted by nsxownzme

.. Jesus christ

I know it will run fine on my computer.

I personally have watched all the videos except the DX9 video, now the thing is all the E3 videos had alot of the effects missing, so I don't know what HL2 will look like on my PC untill I either buy the game or watch some retarded benchmark over and over again so when i get the game the graphics certainly come as no supprise and some of the novelty is lost.

Not only that but if i want to see statistics I can just look at a hardware sites benchmarking results which will probably be more interesting than mine.

So STFU, I know what ruins games for me and your comment is actually far more retarded than you can possibly comprehend.

Back