Votes: 20 31.7%
  • Neither, handheld gaming is for suckers... 'cept for my NGAGE

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Both, i love sony and nintendo both

Votes: 6 9.5%

• Total voters

Geno

Reaction score
I'm gonna hafta go with the DS, the PSP is gonna be poor ports of PS2 games, whereas the DS will have good original stuff. And wi-fi, yay!

psp by far. ds is just ugly IMO, may have decent games, but they sure dont look amazing. we dont know much about the psp games so why call them ports already. and if they were direct ports would it kill you? i mean its the same exact controls. and its not like its ps2 to pc, its ps2 to a smaller ps2.

PSP will kick DS ass...i feel sorry for Nintendo..they were once the kings of the industry..now they are nothing..

I love my GBA SP (Final Fantasy Tactics is addictive!). Not too sure about the Dual Screen tbh. If the PSP turns out to be a handheld version of the PS One I might be tempted but unless either of these are significantly more powerful than the GBA SP I'll stick with what I have.

PSP is just like any other handheld console... nothing new except the graphics. I want something really new in terms of controls and gaming experience, therefore i choosed the DS.

Edit: Also, its funny to see everyone in the "Gameplay vs graphics" threads.... if it was really true... the PSP wouldnt stand a chance ;)

h00dlum said:
PSP will kick DS ass...i feel sorry for Nintendo..they were once the kings of the industry..now they are nothing..

What a load of bullshit.

Nintendo are still the most respected developers in the industry, and produce more quality titles each year than any other company. That is a fact - whether you like these games, or not, is a different matter.

//back on topic

I think the DS will be a better mobile gaming system. The type of game that suits gaming on the move is Nintendo's forte (they've nothing to prove here, having produced quality handheld systems and games for years. Some of the best games ever made, on any system, have been on the GBA imo). As I mentioned in a similar topic, the titles the Playstation is popular for won't translate well onto a handheld (who wants MGS on a portable system??)

Handhelds need titles like Advance Wars and Mario Kart/Golf - simple, fun, disposable and multiplayer games that focus gameplay (not exactly Sony's strong point - who have always delivered more style than substance)

If you're want to watch movies and listen to music too, while still having games to play, then the PSP would be a good buy. (it's also visually stunning - in a teenage, 'gap jeans', kinda way)

Still, when it comes down to pure gaming, be it in the park with your mates, or on the bus, I believe the DS will be the better system.

I will definately be importing a DS at launch but theres no way I'm rushing out to buy a PSP until I know more about the battery life and the price, the best handheld games are made by Nintendo, stuff like Wario Ware is perfect for a portable but I can't see many of the Sony franchises translating to a handheld without some serious changes,who wants to watch 5-10 minute cut-scenes on a handheld? As it is I normally skip through the text in GBA games.

I also think anyone buying a handheld purely because of the way it looks is an idiot.

the DS is such a gimmic product, and i think it wont be long until this becomes obvious by the amount of gimmiky games which will arrive with it.

Personally i'd like the power of a PS2 in my pocket with the functionality of a mp3 player and mini DVD player.

DS has... um 2 screens...

Neither, handheld gaming is for suckers... 'cept for my NGAGE

I dont like handhelds.

brisck1 said:
the DS is such a gimmic product, and i think it wont be long until this becomes obvious by the amount of gimmiky games which will arrive with it.

Personally i'd like the power of a PS2 in my pocket with the functionality of a mp3 player and mini DVD player.

DS has... um 2 screens...
Its a hand held gaming device, I would call mp3 player, and DVD player are gimmicks as well. Besides, I don't think the PSP would even last through watching a whole movie before its batteries run down.

If I want to listen to music I will get an MP3 player seperately, I suspect watching movies right now on any hand held device isn't really an option since batteries probably aren't powerful enough.

I will buy according to the cost of the device the games it has and how long I can use it before it needs a recharge. I don't think the PSP will be the cheaper one, it certainly won't have longer battery life, and I don't think it will have the best games, maybe the best graphics but not the best gameplay.

Stupid Sony Graphics-whores, sorry I had to say that.

I'm sorry but which handheld has a dvd player in it, I'd say thats more of a gimmick than something that might actually affect gameplay.

I will definately be importing a DS at launch

There is a rumor that it will launch in US first. I could be thinking wrong though...

The PSP projected cost is about 300 USD, while the DS is about 150 USD.
And, I just cant wait to play Animal Crossing on the DS.

of course the obviously far more advance and supreme PSP. i dont want to be playing those gay ass kiddy games Nintendo will put out. i've seen the line up. maybe if i was 10...

Pitbul said:
of course the obviously far more advance and supreme PSP. i dont want to be playing those gay ass kiddy games Nintendo will put out. i've seen the line up. maybe if i was 10...

Awesome. Tell me, are you 12 and feel as though a Teen game isn't "mature" enough for you? It certainly would seem like this is the case.

Pitbul said:
of course the obviously far more advance and supreme PSP. i dont want to be playing those gay ass kiddy games Nintendo will put out. i've seen the line up. maybe if i was 10..

The majority of Nintendo's games are great fun for any age. Games like Metroid
Prime, the Zelda series, Smash Brothers.. those were all excellent games. Why don't you mature a bit and stop acting like a 10 year old, that way you might actually be convincing. Reading a dictionary may help a bit too.

Pitbul said:

XD

It is often the younger generations that accuse Nintendo games as being for kids. The irony makes me smile :)

"Zeldas for kids'"!
"Yeh - let's go play GTA"!
"Damn right - I beat up and old lady and boned a whore in GTA last night"!
"Cool"

Ghostboi, the DS is definately launching in the U.S first however I live in the U.K.

does anyone have links to info on the psp?

I probably won't get either, too expensive and I wouldn't play them that much.

PSP by a mile. Sony's gonna corner the handheld market just like they cornered the console market. PSP is gonna be an atom bomb just like PS1 was.

i agree with those of u who say Nintendo is good with the hand held games market.. they definitely know their stuff for that area.

300 USD for PSP? ouch... sheesh sounds like ya gotta be rich to own one of those..

I hate handheld games. They piss me off with the constant battery changing and etc...
I'll stick with my PC thank you very much.
But in this case, I voted for the DS because it has that Metroid game.

Animal Crossing is gonna be on the DS? I'm there, baby. :LOL: Seriously, that game is strangely addictive... and just strange...

PSP is the obvious leader all around, Nintendo threw themselves in the dirt anyone who has been reading there few past comments knows this. then PSP will obviously win, and is obviously the better choice. if i was a 8 year old mario fien who is stupid enough to buy hardware on a gimmick then i'c buy a DS, but fortunatly i'll go with the PSP since well... it will deliver teh pwnage to the DS. it has the bigger library, it has more power, and over all better looking. not only that but it will have wireless MP and move to Disc media. ahh the PSP... will pwn everything but the Ps3.

BTW: Sony hasn't even announced an estimated price, and/or battery life. :thumbs: so stop using rumors as facts before i b!tch slap you :cheese: KTHXBYE. :cool:

Wait 'til Microsoft enters the hand-held fray.
Pitbul said:
PSP is the obvious leader all around, Nintendo threw themselves in the dirt anyone who has been reading there few past comments knows this. then PSP will obviously win, and is obviously the better choice. if i was a 8 year old mario fien who is stupid enough to buy hardware on a gimmick then i'c buy a DS, but fortunatly i'll go with the PSP since well... it will deliver teh pwnage to the DS. it has the bigger library, it has more power, and over all better looking. not only that but it will have wireless MP and move to Disc media. ahh the PSP... will pwn everything but the Ps3.

BTW: Sony hasn't even announced an estimated price, and/or battery life. :thumbs: so stop using rumors as facts before i b!tch slap you :cheese: KTHXBYE. :cool:

I wasn't using any rumors about the battery life, I was saying how having to change the battery is annoying, even if it does last on week.

Pitbul said:

Actually, the DS has the bigger library. There are currently *WAY* more developers making games for the DS than the PSP. Sorry to burst your bubble, but the DS won't flop.

Also, keep this in mind:

THE DS IS NOT THE NEXT GAMEBOY. Nintendo DOES have a new gameboy in the works, which is a "proper" counter to the PSP.

I think Nintendo having another Gameboy in the wings is a bad idea. Just release one handheld with the best design.

Still, I vote for DS. Innovation easily beats out proprietary movie watching any day. Plus the battery life is going to suffer from the giant screen.

Who will actually win? PSP will win over herds of casuals with its design, but those same people will probably balk at the price. Plus Nintendo is the best developer in the business, whether your 10 or 50. DS will win, touchscreen is brilliant and I cant wait.

The PSP will most likely be Sony's learning experience with hand-held gaming devices.

I'm sure the PSP will sell more and make Sony a ton of cash.

Does that mean it'll be the better games console? of course not (the PS2 is a perfect example)

*thinks about link up Zelda on the DS* :)

Pitbul said:

You once called others "fanboys" and wanted to "slap the shit out of them" - while you yourself are one. I see no reason to respect you.

I hate Sony, and i feel that sony will expand to far and not be able to keep up with each part of the market and soon enough will screw themselves over.

Back