Will HL2 preload on the 17th

• Yes

Votes: 25 45.5%
  • No

Votes: 30 54.5%

• Total voters

deltron zero

Reaction score
Since Valve hasn't met a release date yet, and CS:S was pushed back a week, isn't it only reasonable to believe HL2 will not preload on the 17th (and start preloading on the 24th).

Also why would they preload CS:S on the 16th and HL2 on the 17th, and have the CS:S beta going on. Bandwith is gonna be stretched. Anyone think they'll wait til the CS:S beta is over before preloading HL2?

deltron zero said:
Also why would they preload CS:S on the 16th and HL2 on the 17th, and have the CS:S beta going on. Bandwith is gonna be stretched. Anyone think they'll wait til the CS:S beta is over before preloading HL2?

That's the whole point. Now they will be able to test their bandwith and if the steam app can handle the massive stream...

I think Valve is practically done with the game, that we can expect a gold announcement very, very soon, and that they are about to release their golden child upon the world.

Pre-loaded the 17th.

It says august 24th in your title. I hope so, so I votede yes!!
Think happy thoughts People!!

http://www.campusprogram.com/reference/en/wikipedia/z/ze/zeno_s_paradoxes.html said:
In the paradox of Achilles and the tortoise, we imagine the Greek hero Achilles in a footrace with the plodding reptile. Because he is so fast a runner, Achilles graciously allows the tortoise a head start of a hundred feet. If we suppose that each racer start running at some constant speed (one very fast and one very slow), then after some finite time, Achilles will have run a hundred feet, bringing him to the tortoise's starting point; during this time, the tortoise has "run" a (much shorter) distance, say one foot. It will then take Achilles some further period of time to run that distance, during which the tortoise will advance farther; and then another period of time to reach this third point, while the tortoise moves ahead. Thus, whenever Achilles reaches somewhere the tortoise has been, he still has farther to go. Therefore, Zeno says, swift Achilles can never overtake the tortoise."

I'm sure we all reconise Zeno's paradox. And I hope you can see the similarities between it and the "Half-Life 2 will be delayed because Valve always delays stuff". By your logic Half-Life 2 will never come out because Valve always delay games.

Well, it appears that all is going well, with the CS:S beta test right now, so I guess that it will come out on time.

EDIT: HL2 will never come out?!?!?! NOOOOOOOOO!!?!?!?!!

20th friday today

23rd is monday so it will pre load on 23rd not 24th

It'll be the 24th where i am....when Valve will announce another delay.

that we can expect a gold announcement very, very soon, and that they are about to release their golden child upon the world.

I think so too. Just the fact that they'll be uploading game files to our computer signifies that the time is near.

Back