So I traded in some games....

FrostedxB

Tank
Reaction score
Went to Gamestop again yesterday with some old games, because we got a big snow storm today and I wanted to get a new game while being snowed in.

I sold off:
Splinter Cell: Double Agent - $3.00 - PS2
Dukes of Hazzard - $5.00 - PS2
Baldurs Gate - $2.50 - PS2
Resident Evil Outbreak 2 - $2.00 - PS2
Siren - $0.85 - PS2
007: Everything or Nothing - $1.00 - PS2
Call Of Duty 4 - $5.00 - Xbox 360

Ended up with $17.35 in total (Refurbish Service was $2.00)

Then I got, despite everyone saying its repetitive, Farcry 2 (Just wanted an open world game, not really gonna play through the story just gonna run around and shoot everything)

Farcry was $25 and I only ended up paying $8 after the trade-ins.

The crackhead working at Gamestop that particular day put the game in a bag and tossed into the garbage under the counter. The manager was standing right behind him and basically went off, trying to control his temper in front of me (only customer in the story). Needless to say, I don't believe the kid works there anymore.

Anyway, I was surprised at how much I got for some PS2 games and more surprised that COD4 only got me 5 bucks.

Today I got $30 for shoveling a driveway, so....any other suggestions?

Almost bought some racing/stunt/crashing (not Burnout, it was like Crash Nation or something) for 12 dollars, but I never heard of it and the fact that only 1 copy was left kinda screamed "I'm a shitty game!"

What? What garbage? And why would the manager be so furious? And why would you sell your games to gamestop? You could have made like 300% of what you did by selling on ebay or craigslist.

As for your 30 bucks, well... what kind of games do you like? What have you already played? You gotta give us something to work with here.

You could have made like 300% of what you did by selling on ebay or craigslist.
In most circumstances I'd be inclined to agree with Krynn, but looking at what games you were selling, I think you might've actually gotten a fair deal, with the possible exception of CoD4.

You know what you should do with that $30, man? Go into Gamestop and peruse the bargain bins. The stuff you can find in there is gold.

PS2 used games.
Oh god you can find so much good stuff.

What? What garbage? And why would the manager be so furious? And why would you sell your games to gamestop? You could have made like 300% of what you did by selling on ebay or craigslist.

As for your 30 bucks, well... what kind of games do you like? What have you already played? You gotta give us something to work with here.

They have a garbage can under the counter, manager was furious because the kid was paying no attention, and it wasn't the first time. I usually sell crappy games that wouldn't be worth much to Gamestop and end up buying a pre-owned 360 game.

I love me some military FPS. Anything to, WWII - modern. I don't care, **** I liked W@W. Thinking about getting Brothers In Arms, but idk how good it is.

There was also some Shellshock game (not 'Nam 67) but I hear bad things about Shellshock.

Mass Effect 2, Left 4 Dead 2 and Operation Flashpoint are probably my favorites atm.

PS2 used games.
Oh god you can find so much good stuff.
My PS2 is dying, only games I like on it are Black, the original Ghost Recons and the Socom games. Tried playing Black Hawk Down a few weeks ago and just couldn't because of how bad it looked. It seemed so blocky and pixelated.

In most circumstances I'd be inclined to agree with Krynn, but looking at what games you were selling, I think you might've actually gotten a fair deal, with the possible exception of CoD4.

You know what you should do with that $30, man? Go into Gamestop and peruse the bargain bins. The stuff you can find in there is gold.

Bargain bins in the Gamestop near me are full of Nintendo and original Xbox products. The $1.99 games are intriguing, but have no cases and/or are scratched shitless.

$5 for CoD4 MW? you got hosed, they'll turn around and sell that for $55. **** gamestop/EB Games. also get a job, you'll be able to afford ames without selling your old ones for chump change

$5 for CoD4 MW? you got hosed, they'll turn around and sell that for $55. **** gamestop/EB Games. also get a job, you'll be able to afford ames without selling your old ones for chump change

Saw COD 4 on the pre-owned rack is going for $19.99. I also have a job, making minimum wage($7.25 per hour) at the public library (getting paid every other week). Usually put all my money towards my girlfriend/car/ just left in the bank. Getting rid of old games isn't so bad, even if its for chump change.

Never have the time nor desire to play what I even like on it.

get many of the good ps2 you dint bought for only buying fps,before your ps2 die

I still want to get a PS2 just to play ICO

considering COD4 goes for like $40-50 brand new the used copy could have you gotten like $20-30 man. I really think you got ripped off. It wouldn't have been better to keep it and imo, keeping games is better than getting rid of them. yeah some of those games you got rid of were shit but you didn't get much back for what you paid. also like mentioned look in the bargain bins. after 15 or so years of buying used games i only had to return one scratched and unused game because it didn't work.

Played Farcry for about an hour and while it has potential, I must say, the lack of action is distubing. The handful of missions I've done have had 2-3 enemies and really are just chores, running back and forth looking for object X or talking to "buddies".

Kinda feel like I wasted those 8 dollars on this.

That game was a waste of the time taken to install it. The engine is the only good thing about it.

Saw COD 4 on the pre-owned rack is going for $19.99. I also have a job, making minimum wage($7.25 per hour) at the public library (getting paid every other week). Usually put all my money towards my girlfriend/car/ just left in the bank. Getting rid of old games isn't so bad, even if its for chump change.

Please tell me your not moding your Scion...

What are your specs? ArmA doesn't call for that good of a computer.

Bone-stock HP Pavilion Slim-line

AMD Athlon 64x2 dual-core processor
NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE graphics card
2048MB system memory, 500GB hard drive

Idk what else, never cracked open a computer/modified one before.

All I know is that this can run HL2: DM pretty well.

Can't even remotely play the orginal America's Army on it though.

That video card might be kind of crappy, but you've got a better CPU than me I think, and the same amount of ram.

I run ArmA at 1440x900 pretty well at about medium settings.

If you can't even play the original AA though, then I guess that video card is quite bad. You should get a new one! It's really bottle-necking your computer as a gaming system. It's AGP probably. Mine is less than $100.

Isn't the 6150 SE an integrated card? You can get a really decent PCI-e video card for like $50 nowadays, it won't be top of the line by any means but you'd be able to play ArmA II no problem.

Yeah, never trade games in for something you're not completely sure about, you'll only end up regretting it. The one time I traded in, I used the cash to get... Call of Duty 3. On xbox. For the multiplayer.

Yeeeeaaah.

I did get a really nice deal from an EB trade-in one time, though. They had a deal where you got Assassin's Creed half price if you traded any two 360 games, and like a week after it came out. Clearly not the first person who had their 360 since launch to take advantage of this. The guy at the counter was like, "let me guess, Dead or Alive 4 and Kameo?" I said "close," and handed him DoA4 and Burnout Revenge. :cool:

And for all it's shortcomings I did get a decent amount of enjoyment from AC, same with Far Cry 2 actually. The latter is one of those games you have to be willing to play yourself, rather than letting the game guide you through. Which isn't to say it isn't repetitive, or that the travel wasn't dire as hell, but the gun fights could be pretty magical if you immersed yourself enough. Also I don't think any game has managed to match the pure satisfaction of capping some poor fool with the bolt-action sniper. So sweet.

Perhaps I need to work my way up to some better guns then? As of now, all I can use are the G3 and that Homeland shotgun thing.

Played Farcry for about an hour and while it has potential, I must say, the lack of action is distubing. The handful of missions I've done have had 2-3 enemies and really are just chores, running back and forth looking for object X or talking to "buddies".

Kinda feel like I wasted those 8 dollars on this.

I got it just to have it look pretty but I'm experiencing the same thing. Plus it doesn't look all that great either. I'll probably play it a few more times but unless something great happens that doesn't involve me driving a thousand miles to talk to someone in person because they called my cell phone and fighting the same respawned guys three times ina row, I don't think I'll even keep it installed.

Got Brothers In Arms: Hells Highway cuz WWII>Modern Warfare

Also got some cheap-o game called Hour of Victory, not expecting much for $4.99 but there is a WWII sniper character!

Man you must be getting popular at that store.

Try the demo. I seem to remember it playing pretty much like any other MoH or early CoD game (aim down sights ahoy), except you get to choose your starting point by para-dropping into missions.

Also www.metacritic.com. Not that scores are everything but they can be very telling in certain situations. ;)

Yes I saw the metacritic of Hour of Victory you posted before, I just can't believe how horrible it is. Didn't expect a fabulous Midway game, but good god this was awful.

Also, Airborne has some mixed reviews and I know I wont be getting CoD3 on 360.

Other then W@W and Brothers in Arms, what other good WWII games are on 360?
Or for that matter, any good war games that may be a bit under the radar?

I was in K-Mart the other night & saw Call of Duty 4 for $110, all the while The Orange Box was $10 & Uncharted 2 was $30. I think it's ridiculous that make you pay that much for a game that's nearly 3 years old & has a sequel, anyone agree?

I once received $0.10 for a copy of Madden 06 for Xbox 360 at Gamestop, and that was like 2 years after it had been out. I also had a friend who sold his entire Xbox console and Halo 2. Gamestop gave him a $20 bill. He said he only did it because he needed gas money for the drive home.

Needless to say I never traded anything in again. I don't even sell my old games anymore now that I have money :D.

Activision are dicks and never lower the price of their games. I remember back when CoD 2 came out, I really loved the multiplayer but couldn't care less about the SP. So I decided "hey I'll just wait for it to come down in price before I grab it."

Yeah that didn't happen.

As for CoD 4, the only time I've ever seen it less than full price is either second hand, or in a 2 dat steam sale just before MW2 came out (yeah great timing). And even then it was only half price, which was still more than it was worth at that point.

I once sold Oblivion for PC to EB Games for $60.

That was the only game that was ever worth while to trade, because I bought it used for $60 so I broke even.

I sold off:
Splinter Cell: Double Agent - $3.00 - PS2
Dukes of Hazzard - $5.00 - PS2
Baldurs Gate - $2.50 - PS2
Resident Evil Outbreak 2 - $2.00 - PS2
Siren - $0.85 - PS2
007: Everything or Nothing - $1.00 - PS2

Ended up with $17.35 in total (Refurbish Service was $2.00)
Don't ever go in those game stores again. There's a reason why there's one in every town - they're rich because they are good at ripping off children.

I remember one time I brought in a pile of games to sell and some of them were worth 00.01. What's next, they going to charge you to take them?

Search online stores and buy some of the slightly older games brand new for $5 - $15.

Back