So its Monday. Where's the Gold Anouncemnet?

I've got a huge bottle of shampagne waiting for the gold anouncement, it better be today - I'm thirsty ;)

But at least we'll know that the game is done.

I dont think there will be a gold today. Maybe mid this week.

You guys are like a bunch of little babies that cant get somthing, so they sit there and scream and whine pointing at it. Let just hope Valve does the grown up thing and gives us our toy.

Black-Falcon said:
You guys are like a bunch of little babies that cant get somthing, so they sit there and scream and whine pointing at it.

If that isn't sig worthy, I don't know what is. :D

As for the discussion, I'm not expecting a gold announcement tonight. I don't really have my hopes high for anytime this week really. Hopefully by the end of the month...

If it was gold they would've announced it friday. I doubt either valve or vug work weekends, so it's unlikely to go gold today.

Well, more accurately it'd be down to VUG games to "give us our toy". Besides, gold dates mean next to nothing- they prove that development is going along smoothly, but anyone remember the events leading up to the CS:CZ release? Until I see a solid release date (and maybe not even then) I'll keep my fanboy hat firmly under my desk.

But afterwards... I'll don it and you won't see me again for a week!

Raziel-Jcd said:
I dont think there will be a gold today. Maybe mid this week.
Indeed. I also think, there's a good possibility we won't be able te play it untill the second half of november...
Look at Halo 2 on XBox. Even if the release date isn't compromised with the stolen source code, there are 3 weeks between Gold and Release...

Summary: chaotic, random rumours spawning a whole universe of speculation. As usual.

I may well be proven wrong, but I don't think the game's gone gold yet, regardless of BBFC classification and Gamespot (uncharacteristically) sticking their neck out.

They are in america , what time is it there now, sorry but timezones realy confuse me

KurtCobain said:
They are in america , what time is it there now, sorry but timezones realy confuse me

hey u....................gold on monday is not official

Gorgon said:
Somebody sum up this thread please ;)
Ok: How come the gold announcement hasn't happened yet? Cuz it's too early for Valve in PST land or because the game isn't really gold or because they won't announce it till later. Throw in several posts whining about how everyone is too impatient and that's it!

KurtCobain said:

The time for them right now is: 7:54AM... We still have a while left to wait. ;)

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooold

Irs2k3 said:
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooold

Yes. It is old.

I think you need to wait more. Valve always waits for the near end of the day to announce a pre-load or anything important for that matter. They will (on gold day) probably spend most of it just gathering all the info and finding all the places they will send their gold announcement.

Maybe on that day they will be double or triple checking with VUG to be sure. It's like launching a nuclear missile, there isn't just a ]go rocket go[ button.

Who ever said HL 2 was going gold on monday anyways? Not Valve or VUG - that's for sure.
And soon, when HL 2 does'nt go gold... you'll see the a ton of posts slagging off VUG and Valve for not having gone gold on Monday... even though noone ever said that it was... :) it's a strange world / forum.

wonkers said:
Maybe on that day they will be double or triple checking with VUG to be sure. It's like launching a nuclear missile, there isn't just a ]go rocket go[ button.
/me leans on the controll panel while drinking coffee.

Oh crap. There goes Moscow. :p

Or maybe it hasn't gone gold at all. We are dealing with rumours, after all.

I will guess IF the announcement is today it will be in like

3 - 7 Hours

Today's my birthday! Come on Valve, you know what I'd like to have as a birthday present! :bounce:

What I'm expecting is:

No gold announcement (because the game hasn't gone gold)

Lots of threads from people accusing Valve of lying to them, missing another release date etc etc, when all of the gold hype is entirely made up by themselves.

Don't get me wrong, I really want HL2 to be gold, but I'm really going to get all iron-fisted in cleaning things up if I'm right. You have been warned.

ok from this post...if it comes today it'll happen sometime between the 45min and 8 hours and 45min from now. Just to give everyone a reference

Pi Mu Rho said:
What I'm expecting is:

Lots of threads from people accusing Valve of lying to them, missing another release date etc etc, when all of the gold hype is entirely made up by themselves.

Don't get me wrong, I really want HL2 to be gold, but I'm really going to get all iron-fisted in cleaning things up if I'm right. You have been warned.

I blame Gamespot for all the uproar myself. Especially when it doesn't go gold and people start posting threads like you mentioned.

Sharasment panda said:
The Pinatas broken, the game is apparently gold, but where is the announcement? Were we not supposed to get confirmation of the anouncement today? Or was it another goddamn rumour?

they are 7 hours behind us in the uk, if u expected it today u could atleast wait untill its a little later than 4/5 am there

Pi Mu Rho said:
Or maybe it hasn't gone gold at all. We are dealing with rumours, after all.

Now an insider pours doubt into us. It's not cushioning for the fall! It's an icepick through our hopes and dream of HL2 gold. What do we do. What's it going to take.

Do you have to go to VUG and make vulger chanting remarks to the people testing the game? Like those baseball phsyche outs. HEEEEEEEEEEEYYY tester tester tester. IIIIIS it DOOOOOONE yet?

Pi Mu Rho said:
What I'm expecting is:

We really did'nt made all gold hype by ourselfs...gamespot was so sure about it. If it false i think everyone should blame gamespot for that , not VUGames or VALVe.

Gamespot were a catalyst, but it's the public that have whipped up this frenzy, turning rumour into fact.

Wow Harryz, you got the hornet's nest stirred up nicely today :) To think so many fell for your statement thinking you were serious...good times.

As for gold, come on we all seriously knew better than to get hopes up because of Gamespot which typically has a strong track record but they do make mistakes and get incorrect information from their sources, the same risk that all other news agencies can run into.

Bottom line, until you see a gold anouncement on the front page of this website among a large amount of others then there is no need to even post threads like this.

Lets kill gamespot!!! I mean do they expect us to think something writen in the roumor section of their site is anything less than pure fact?

well.... either way, its 8:29am here on the west coast and most businesses open between 7am and 10am .... I'm going to bet that valve probabl opens at 9am, seems like the right kinda time for a business like theres .... so we will see in 30 minutes (or not!) who knows!

Back