so, someone spoiled the ending for me.

destrukt

Reaction score
yup, thanks to stupid people not reading rules, i now know what happens in the end.

[SARCASM]this is awesome, i really feel like playing it now. . . [/SARCASM]

i blame the influx of newbies.

and yes, there were no spoiler tags and it wasn't in the HL2 Singleplayer (Spoilers) section.

it was just in the thread name in here, General Half-Life 2.

destrukt said:
yup, thanks to stupid people not reading rules, i now know what happens in the end.

[SARCASM]this is awesome, i really feel like playing it now. . . [/SARCASM]

i blame the influx of newbies.

dont read the forums until you finish playing. common sense really.

it's also common sense to read the rules. i should be safe reading as certain precautions are put in place [spoiler tags etc].

i guess you can't block stupid people.

and yes, i was going to not read the forums, but sitting here making a site for a client can get tedious and boring, so i needed a break.

Wraith said:
dont read the forums until you finish playing. common sense really.

No. People want to come here and discuss the game, regardless whether they've finished it or not.

If people are stupid and selfish enough to write in the general discussion forum exactly what happens at the end of the biggest game ever, 2 days after it's released, then they should be banned. And then shot in the face.

99% of people on here have the brains and the general savvy to use descretion. F*ck there's even a forum specifically put there for spoilers, so that people who haven't finished the game yet don't have to have it pop up on their screen when they least expect it and ruin it for them.

I'm only on level 6 and I now know what happens at the end thanks to some brainless little twirp. :<

Gordons_nan said:
No. People want to come here and discuss the game, regardless whether they've finished it or not.

If people are stupid and selfish enough to write in the general discussion forum exactly what happens at the end of the biggest game ever, 2 days after it's released, then they should be banned. And then shot in the face.

99% of people on here have the brains and the general savvy to use descretion. F*ck there's even a forum specifically put there for spoilers, so that people who haven't finished the game yet don't have to have it pop up on their screen when they least expect it and ruin it for them.

I'm only on level 6 and I now know what happens at the end thanks to some brainless little twirp. :<

Cry me a river.

hey man i feel your pain unlike the unsympathetic jerks here. people really need to exercise forum eticet when posting in any forum but what can you do...where there are humans there are also complete idiots and jerks alike.

PS: grow up people.

Yeah, it does suck. Problem is also newbs coming into the IRC channel, posting the ending in bold letters and leaving. Come on, why do this? I'm mainly in the channel to help ppl who have issues and the halflife2.net crew has done a #hl2-spoilers channel for all game related stuff.

I don't know, it's like cheaters (the announcers in the channels are) and I've never liked those ppl.

I feel you on that matter destrukt

DirtyApe said:
hey man i feel your pain unlike the unsympathetic jerks here. people really need to exercise forum eticet when posting in any forum but what can you do...where there are humans there are also complete idiots and jerks alike.

PS: grow up people.

There were spoilers before HL² was released, what made you think there weren't going to be any now? If detrukt had half a brain he wouldn't have come here before finishing the game. No one forced him to come on these boards and read that particular thread, he chose to, it's his fault. And don't use "big words" if you don't know how to spell them.

Back