SoftImage and New Monitor Problems..

B

BlueWave

Recently I needed to get rid of a desktop computer. I was left with a relatively new Toshiba laptop (P15-409) and a 19" flat-panel Xerox monitor. I now have the flat-panel mounted just above my laptop. I do use the laptop for varies trips I need to take during the year. How \ever, in order to run Softimage EXP for HL2 I need a resolution of 1280x1024. My laptop resolution goes up to 1280x800 because it is widescreen. My 19" flat-panel goes up to 1280x1024. I setup the monitor successfully, and even installed UltraMon, a popular application for multiple monitor setups.

My problem is that Softimage loads in my primary monitor, the laptop LCD. I need to it load in the secondary monitor in order to work properly. However, my laptop will not allow me to change the primary monitor because a lot of laptops just do not let you do this. I attempted to use UltraMon to force the program to load in the secondary monitor, the Xerox, but it still loads on the laptop LCD. I still get an error that says I do not have the correct resolution. Does anyone know of a way around this? My laptop is powerful enough that I would not need a new desktop, if only I could get this to work. If anyone needs any other information then I will give it. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thank you..

BlueWave

i dont think there is a way to fix this. I jsut started using dual monitors and programs always load on the first (left) monitor. You may be able to reverse which monitor is the primary (1) monitor. try to figure out how its done, i am unfamililar with that software you are using

Back