Some Site Taking Pre Orders on the ATI X800 Already LOL

Dougy said:
I think people are insane if they preorder that at the moment.

1. Its not been benchmarked yet.
2. its ridiculously high priced
3. ati 9800 pro is still a bloody great card for £150 now.

I totally Agree with you Dougy.. ATI would shoot themselves in the foot if they were going to sale the Pro for $500 and the XT for 600 seeing that the 6800 Ultra will only be $500 which we already know has a slight advantage over the ATI pro version.

wrong forum also. nothing about hl2.
ill wait till may 4th to even think about these cards performance + price wise. ;)

and this has what to do with hl2?

EVIL said:
and this has what to do with hl2?

This has alot to do with Half Life 2 seeing that Valve is going to be showing off Half Life 2 at E3 this year on the Latest ATI HardWare which is the X800 Pro and the X800Xt

Hm... ATi's counter to PS 3.0?

"BREAKTHROUGH IMAGE QUALITY
The RADEON™ X800 PRO defines a totally new High-Definition Gaming experience for the avid gamer by maximizing performance and image quality in higher detail and at higher resolutions than ever before. ATI‘s new and revolutionary 3Dc™ image enhancement technology brings characters to life and scenery to greater realism by enabling significant improvements to the image detail of character art with increased performance and lower memory usage. 3Dc™ is slated to become the industry standard to support more complex high-definition visual effects in real time."

This is indeed strange, good find though :)

covertghost said:
I totally Agree with you Dougy.. ATI would shoot themselves in the foot if they were going to sale the Pro for $500 and the XT for 600 seeing that the 6800 Ultra will only be $500 which we already know has a slight advantage over the ATI pro version.

No, we don't. No benchmarks have been released of the x800 series yet. For all you know, the Pro version could beat the Ultra.

Oh, and moved.

Back