Some strange thing happend

D

Die Hard!

Hello,

Well some strange thing has happend while I played Half Life 2. U know the point that ur on a large place in your boat with a lot of water where some plane that drops bombs flys over you, and then you have to get out of the boat and walk to a gate to open it. Well I got out of the boat and on land.

Then I walked towards the gate, but when I was walking I saw some guy with a coffer standing over there looking at me. I looked at him with my binocs to be sure, and he really was standing there. Then he walked behind the wall. So I walked into that direction but when I got there he was gone.

Later on I thought I had imagined it, until I stopped 'the leader' of civil protection from escaping. Then the time froze and the same guy appeared. Now I was sure I didn't imagine that guy standing over there. Pretty strange imo.

Anyone of you also had this?

Well it truly seems like someone doesn't have ever played Half-Life 1.

That guy is called GMan and everybody knows him :D

I wish I could be still be excited by G-Man ;_;

Note: That sounded far less homo-erotic in my head.

What on earth are you talking about?

Seriously though, just search Gman (g-man, etc.) here or Google it. There's practically cults. Welcome to Half Life!

Do remember a guy talking to you at the beginning of the game? That's him just checkin up on you, making sure you're ok.

Really, son, play the first Half-Life.

:LOL:

This thread is all kinds of epic...

Especially GBT's contribution :p

God, the days of being excited by the Gman...

Anyone of you also had this?

Oddly enough I think everyone did. :p That's the G-man, your employer. He kidnapped you (well, he offered you a job or death) at the end of Half-life 1 and then brought you to City 17. During both games he walks around, keeping an eye on you, you can spot him many times during the game apart from the beginning and the ending. The general accepted theory around here is that he cannot alter time but rather alter Gordon Freeman's perception of time, or in less complicated terms he can make you go on an acid trip. Though he does have a very advanced portal technology, stasis technology, can project himself onto TVs and can enter areas infested with both Xen wildlife such as Headcrabs or combine-occupied territory. His motives remains largely unclear.

Also, the "Leader of Civil Protection" (actually the administrator of City 17 and the Combine's contact on Earth) is called Dr Breen. And Civil Protection is actually just those cops with white gas masks you see in the beginning, the other soldiers are part of the Overwatch, they're seperate entities, though they both serve the Universal Union.

...don't tell me you're playing HL2 without having played at least the original Half Life (and Opposing Force/Blue Shift if you've got 'em) first?

This thread fail's. For the TC's sake I hope this is a joke thread just to spare the TC from...oldness?

No I don't mean 'has someone seen that GMan at the end'. I mean has someone seen a guy with coffer (GMan) standing near the gate. And then walking behind a wall and when u walk towards it finding nobody there.

That was the odd thing that happend to me, and I was wondering if someone saw that guy standing & disappearing there too.

Meeting the guy at the end like everyone did just made me recognize that the guy near the gate wasn't 'in my head' since that was the second time I met him in the game. Meeting him again wasn't the reason I started this thread. ;)

Congrats you make no sense! You win
my pity
enjoy!

*edit* ZOMG! I gone typod a letter in mah post

No I don't mean 'has someone seen that GMan at the end'. I mean has someone seen a guy with coffer (GMan) standing near the gate. And then walking behind a wall and when u walk towards it finding nobody there.

Yes. Yes we have. We've also seen him handing a Rocket Launcher to the resistance, fiddling with his tie on Nova Prospekt, having a boat-trip and getting a b****** and **** in the ***** by Alyx.

Damn this guy really should play HL1, this shows how you understand nothing if you play sequel first :D That's just GMan, he shows up watching you from some place and then disappears.

You can see him like 10 times in the game, not just there.

That was the odd thing that happend to me, and I was wondering if someone saw that guy standing & disappearing there too.

Meeting the guy at the end like everyone did just made me recognize that the guy near the gate wasn't 'in my head' since that was the second time I met him in the game. Meeting him again wasn't the reason I started this thread. ;)

Makes perfect sense.

Also makes me want to lol you.

...don't tell me you're playing HL2 without having played at least the original Half Life (and Opposing Force/Blue Shift if you've got 'em) first?

Damn, I guess I fit into this catagory. I had the Half Life w/Opposing Force, Blue Shift and Counter Strike however i never got around to playing them though my dad did.
Then when I picked up The Orange Box I fell in love with it, so I think i'll play the first ones once i've finished Episode Two.

I've never come across the G-Man outside of cutscenes because im too busy checking every nook and cranny of the game for supply crates. I dont like missing them! :cheese:

Anyone have any leads on who this guy is?

I dont know about the OP, but I watched the cut scene at the beginning. However he still seems a mystery, all we know is he is your employer and he talks like a creep. I understand he employed you for the events in the first game at Black Mesa after the resonance cascade
I really need to get round to playing the first game :dozey:

So many noobs in here...

If you haven't played Half-Life, you're a noob, and you'll always be considered a noob by your piers, your parents, your inferiors, your superiors, your friends, your enemies... everyone.

And you shall remain a noob.

Until you complete HL.

At which point you must undergo a ritual, but we'll talk about that later.

Lol at Druckles ^

Seriously, this is fascinating. He's actually asking who's the gman a.k.a ("ome guy with a coffer standing over there") while playing hl2. It's like saying, hey john!! , whats your name? :|

I dont know about the OP, but I watched the cut scene at the beginning. However he still seems a mystery, all we know is he is your employer and he talks like a creep. I understand he employed you for the events in the first game at Black Mesa after the resonance cascade
I really need to get round to playing the first game :dozey:

But you should any way, chumpo.

the GMan is my avatar! He should be idolised and be offered sacrifices of those who do not believe!

haha I remember my first time. Had alot of trouble getting along without that ammo in the unforseen consequenses level but hey it was worth it to wtf about the gman

the GMan is my avatar! He should be idolised and be offered sacrifices of those who do not believe!

Would you mind if I offer you as sacrifice to the Gman?
The Gman will be very happy with it. And you will have a honorable death after you stop screaming because it will be very painful.
Now would you kindly?

HOLY SHIT IS GMAN?

Omgomg people! Im going to play halflife2!

Anyway they still sell halflife2 on retail?

I remember my first gman sighting. It was in the same place. I was like "OMG I saw a man with a briefcase and he disappeared!" and my hubby was like, "Heheh." and I was like "D: oooh, enigma!" And that's when I fell in love with HL. No, wait, I fell in love with it during Red Letter Day...

Sounds like a serious error with your copy of the game. But don't worry, send me $1000 and I will fix it for you.

Back