Some very high resolution screenshots

/me drools =O

cool dude, screenshots look awesome, I wanna play this game so bad.

wow see if youy can find some vids of this quality and ill be your friend till the end lol

lol im still downloading the movies, but for some reason it stop my download and I have to resume, at least i dont lose the progress ;)

I like the shots, they are very crisp, I I liked that you shot most of the weapons so we can see what they look like. Thanks!

this has been such a great day!!! :D

how very unimpressive. those textures are way to stretched / watered down

you can see on the last 10 or so screenshots the level of quality went down especially on the gun detail

eyesore said:
how very unimpressive. those textures are way to stretched / watered down

Not to bash you or anything, but I have yet to see any game do better. Even Doom 3's textures were horribly blurry.

P43.2/1Gig/X800P said:
you can see on the last 10 or so screenshots the level of quality went down especially on the gun detail

Yeah big time. Just compare these two shots:

High quality textures:
http://www.elc-team.com/drtool/Screenshots CS : Source Top10/9.jpg

Low quality textures:
http://www.elc-team.com/drtool/Screenshots CS : Source Top10/HL2 2004-08-12 08-30-12-71.JPG

EDIT: its easier to see if you have them both open and alternate between them.
EDIT2: Forgot to mention: Thanks for the link to screens.
EDIT3: I think the reason the textures look 'blurry' is because in the last couple of shots the texture quality was set down a couple of notches. It's not just the guns (you can see the hands aren't as detailed in the 2nd shot) so I'm assuming it's the same for the walls too.

I don't understand why half the screens are set to high details and then the other half aren't?

Weird.

Anyway, thanks for the vids, they're awesome.

This thread is for discussion of these particular screens, thanks. Your media thread is very nice though.

FictiousWill said:
This thread is for discussion of these particular screens, thanks. Your media thread is very nice though.

TheButcher was the original poster. he simply updated and made a new post with this media as well as others, as he couldn't edit due to the 15 minutes editing time being expired. :)

He simply wants us all to hit the other thread so the moderators can kill this one is all.

WoW all I can say is to those people that think HL2, css, etc. cant compete with "other" big games that are out are CrAzY the detail on that p90 is excellent!!

FictiousWill said:
I'm talking about discussion, not simple listing of media.

Understood. I just think he wants to avoid irritating the moderators by having 2 posts on the same topic is all. :)

On the high details, his framerate drops to 40, and I don't think a professional CS player (not me) would want at least 60 fps

EDIT: Some go as low as low twenties

The low quality textures could so use detail textures! I'm appalled there are no detail textures.