Somekind of Odd Texture import problem (pink and black checkers)

Scotchy

Reaction score
So I'm working from a materialsrc directory of C:/TestModSP/TestModSP/materialsrc/ .

The mod is of course in C:/Program Files/Valve/Steam/SteamApps/SourceMods/TestModSP/ .

Vtex sends .vtf materials to C:/Program Files/Valve/Steam/SteamApps/SourceMods/TestModSP/materials/XXX/XXX.vtf

So I made a couple of texes for this map in working on and placed them in the right folder (C:/testmodsp/.../materialsrc/maps/XXX/XXX.tga) and had vtex generate some .txt control files and left them blank. I then selected and dragged the corresponding .tga and .txt files to the vtex.exe and made the .vtf's in the appropriate folder in my steammods/testmodSP/materials area.

I make .vmts for them containing this:

Code:
"LightmappedGeneric"

{

"$basetexture "maps\test_leadworks\lightstripLights"

"$selfillumtexture "maps\test_leadworks\lightstripLights_glow"

"$surfaceprop" "metal"

}
And this for another file:

Code:
"LightmappedGeneric"

{

"$basetexture "maps\test_leadworks\lightstrip"

"$surfaceprop" "metal"

}
In hammer, the materials show up in the texture browser and appear fine there, but when applied to a brush face, they become pink and black checkers.

Did I leave something out or do somethign wrong

The paths are wrong. They should be:
"materials/xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx"
not
"maps/xxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx"
Also, both vtf and vmt go in "materials", not "materialsrc".

ignore what fragger said....

you are missing quite a bit of quotation marks, one after $basetexture for example
Code:
"$basetexture "maps\test_leadworks\lightstripLights"

should be

Code:
"$basetexture" "maps\test_leadworks\lightstripLights"

that should fix the issue.

seems that the material viewer is showing the vtf (texture), while hammer uses the vmt to apply the material.

Dante's solution worked. I had a corrupted SDK install somehow so I had to reinstall it (the built in refresh options werent working) and remake my mod with the textures and modified resources and all that jazz. But now it works and the texes look nice and sexy ingame.

Back