Something confusing me...

B

Bowden

Ive only really just started playing hl2, so im sorry if this has been asked before, or if it becomes clearer during the game, but as far as i can understand, Breen surrendered earth to the combine 7 hours into the war right?, how did breen have the power to do this, i cant understand every country in the world listening to him...

again, sorry if this has already been cleared up...

I recommend you finish the game before posting here but anyway. Breen got hired by the UN because he was incharge of Black Mesa during the resonacne cascade(from HL1)

ríomhaire said:
I recommend you finish the game before posting here but anyway. Breen got hired by the UN because he was incharge of Black Mesa during the resonacne cascade(from HL1)

I thought he striked a deal with the combine BEFORE the black mesa incident, in fact, I thought he had set up the resonance cascade after he exchanged earth to the combine in exchange for some power.

Where is that info from?

chimpmunk said:
I thought he striked a deal with the combine BEFORE the black mesa incident, in fact, I thought he had set up the resonance cascade after he exchanged earth to the combine in exchange for some power.

Where is that info from?
That's one theory. One I support. In which case every country would have to listen to Breen, he'd be the only one who could make the combine stop slaughtering their armies.

Well it says in a newspaper cliping something along the lines of
Black Mesa Administrator joins the UN council
or something.

Oh, well, my texture detail and res are too low to read anything else than the big titles.

Could you post screenshots?

ríomhaire said:
Well it says in a newspaper cliping something along the lines of
Black Mesa Administrator joins the UN council
or something.
Hmmm, I only remember "BM admin investigated by... something about rights and danger bureau" and "Breen named Interrim Administrator of earth"

Yeah, something was terribly wrong with my game, and I couldn't ever hear anything that was said from any TV around the city. As you can imagine I missed most of the plot, but it's probably because my computer sucks, I would think about bying it for the Xbox to see if the experience was better, but I figured I'd try to coax my friends and family into it before I actually take the plundge with my own money.

Hi, I've been lurking for a while and just wanted to post my thoughts.

Checking back into BME I found the headline actually reads 'Black Mesa Admin charged with Human Affairs Bureau'. This makes little grammatical sense if he was up on human rights charges or something.

I think it means that after the 7-hour war the Combine was in overall control, but they had a department called Human Affairs Bureau to 'deal with' Humans (ie feed them propaganda). Breen was given charge of this organisation due to him negotiating the surrender.

Later, for some reason, they promoted him to full Admin of Earth and Human Affairs was merged with some other group (since it has no mention in game other than that headline).

Back