something i noticed about these half life 2 reviews

W

Wraith

did you guys notice none of them mentioned the shadow problems? i wonder if they were fixed?

Wraith said:
did you guys notice none of them mentioned the shadow problems? i wonder if they were fixed?
Maybe they, like most people, don't care about a dinky little graphics problem.

They've not been fixed. You can see this in some of the recently released screenshots.

How about this: they didn't mention mention it because it's insignificant and normal people will neither notice nor care.

Sounds like a good reason.

I'm not going to stop to notice my shadow when I'm running away from a Strider that's trying to skewer my ass.

none of them mentioned the shadow problems because its not a big deal. it does not in any way make the game crappy. the game is not perfect, thats why it got a 96 and not a 100%

I heard it was fixed somewhere, not sure where I found it though.

I'm sure it was fixed.
IMO if you're playing the game, and happen to take it slow for some reason, and you notice something like the Coast shadow bug, it will take you out of the atmosphere of the game, then again, that's just me...

Gorgon said:
Yep its been fixd: prove is look at the object on the table: No shadows below the table: ;)
http://www.worthplaying.com/press/155/hl2_image06c.jpg

That's because the table isn't an entity and only entity on entity gives this problem.

As to why the didn't mention it: they didn't give a rats ass. Simple. Unlike some people, they know that every game has it's glitches and problems. This is no worse than the soldiers in HL1 blowing themselves up or teamkilling like mad. It's an imperfection, nothing more, nothing less. So the f*ck what?

Half life 2 is the best FPS experience to come along... ever. Other developers will be hard pressed to match the intensity, variety, and excitement of this game. Valve has raised the bar again with this superb gem. However, the shadows are still messed up in the game therefore Half life 2 only gets a rating of 36%.

Pros: Best game ever

Cons: problems with shadows

gee gee LOL

Aknot said:
Sorry she looks "spent" and tired. Almost looking for a fix if you ask me.
im not referring to how she as a woman looks, the model is very impressive. a lot of detail, she just looks convincing. plus, if she actually is tired or worn down, thats pretty cool that the characters can pull of such subtle emotions/appearances.

kaf11 said:
im not referring to how she as a woman looks, the model is very impressive. a lot of detail, she just looks convincing. plus, if she actually is tired or worn down, thats pretty cool that the characters can pull of such subtle emotions/appearances.

oops sorry, thought you were "hot" for a computer character.....it happens.....

SFLUFAN said:
I'm not going to stop to notice my shadow when I'm running away from a Strider that's trying to skewer my ass.

Haha, classic. :D

Back