something i noticed in the revenholm bink

W

Wraith

you can pick stuff up without using the manipulator, ie using your hands like in deus ex. i dont know if this has been discussed or not but i always sort of assumed you would use the manipulator to pick things up

Wraith said:
you can pick stuff up without using the manipulator, ie using your hands like in deus ex. i dont know if this has been discussed or not but i always sort of assumed you would use the manipulator to pick things up

Sorry if i'm being dense, but where is this in the Ravenholm bink?

[sl@yer] said:
Sorry if i'm being dense, but where is this in the Ravenholm bink?

after he leaves whatever building he is in with all the zombie, he picks up a flammable barrel and tosses it

I think this was already discussed in a thread when that bink was released.

Um....I still can't find that! Is it in the e32004 shakycam video....as that's the only version I have.

It's been known for a long time that you could pick stuff up with your hands.

it has been discussed yes.

But still.. i wish/hope valve make it so u can see gordons hands holding the barrel

Cunni said:
It's been known for a long time that you could pick stuff up with your hands.

I heard that ages ago, but I didn't know there was video evidence.

sorry guys, i was just watching it again and i saw it and didnt recall hearing about it.

[sl@yer] said:
Um....I still can't find that! Is it in the e32004 shakycam video....as that's the only version I have.

Its in the Bink version of Ravenholm, it has like 1 minute extened. Its been discussed numerous times when that particular bink was released.

Yeah, Gordon is a pretty strong guy, lifting a full fuel barrel in the air in front of him and tossing it away.

Harryz said:
Its in the Bink version of Ravenholm, it has like 1 minute extened. Its been discussed numerous times when that particular bink was released.

Thank you for clearing that up for me! I guess I'll watch it on Tuesday on the new PC Gamer DVD...

yeh, he picks an explosive barrel up, (magically floating picking up style)

plonks it down to the right of the zombie coming at you, and pumps a few pistol rounds into it , till it explodes! and the zombie gets gibbed & gored up against the wall.

Twas good :)

PvtRyan said:
Yeah, Gordon is a pretty strong guy, lifting a full fuel barrel in the air in front of him and tossing it away.

Nah, Gordon is weak, it's just his HEV. :)

you can pick things up place them down carefully, or just drop them or throw them

yes.. but you wont see anything beacuse the f***ing thing is blocking your view... (barrel)

it's just like using the manipulator.. but the manipulator is inviseble and there is no sound.. (+ you dont throw that far either)

no but you will need to pick things up and place them places in certain aspects of the game.....from what i understand

And i would assume its easier to just pick up a barrel next to you and toss it at a zombie and shoot it than switching back and forth

Those new BINKs came this month in Swedish PC Gamer, so I deleted all my Downloaded BINKs, I wish I hadn't, the quality of the DVD is poor.

If HL2 gets less than 96% i will eat one
hat for every % it does get.

slayer, looks like you have 6 hats to eat.

This level of interaction with the environment would be great in a multiplayer game - I'm one of those dorks who would end up getting fragged half a dozen times just waiting for an opportunity to squash somebody with a barrel.

guinny said:
If HL2 gets less than 96% i will eat one
hat for every % it does get.

slayer, looks like you have 6 hats to eat.

Despite their good taste and nutritional value....er.....I meant PC Gamer ok?!

Back