Source Engine Update.

Reaction score
Updates to the Source Engine have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Source engine

* Fixed problem users with ATI cards were experiencing with overly shiny cube maps

http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=news

Sheesh Finally. :thumbs:

And it works! WOOT! I'm finally going to get to play Lost Coast, this is what it looked like for me before :-/

d2_lostcoast0000.jpg

hmm...i don't see any updates.
and yeah...its nice to finally see them address this issue.
theres also the Terrorist side bug where the name doesn't show up..

also anyone else get this unusual bug where you are buying your gear in CSS and suddenly you lose all controls? meaning besides re-connecting to the server, you can't do much else...

wonder if they addressed these other things.

Isn't that what Lost Coast is supposed to look like? ;)

Yes, but its just so...damn...bright! lol just me :p

a finally again being able to play without substandard risk of eye cancer again..

Did a nuke just explode in the background there losermeetsworld? Thats the brightest Ive ever seen it...

Wow.. maybe that's why I think HDR looked so bad, unrealistic and overdone.

You should have seen it when i stepped outside from somewhere dark... You know the white room in gm_construct? yeah... something like that.

losermeetsworld said:
You should have seen it when i stepped outside from somewhere dark... You know the white room in gm_construct? yeah... something like that.

I know. That's why I've been all over these forums saying that HDR looks ridiculously too white.. cuz on my system it does. I've been pretty confused as to how everyone thought all that whiteness looked real.

Back