Source SDK Update

agentbob00

Reaction score
SDK update just released with tons of bug fixes! http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Source_SDK_Release_Notes

A major update to the Source SDK has been released on Steam. Included in this update are major features and fixes for the tools in the Source SDK. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Major New Features

* Half-Life 2: Episode One enhancements
* NPC behavior enhancements
* New Tool application called 'Source SDK Base'
o Uses the latest shipping version of the Source Engine (HL2: Episode One)
o This content will be updated whenever a new version of the Source Engine ships
o Mod makers should always use its SteamAppId (215) in their single player and multi-player mods
* Many other improvements and bug fixes

For a full list of changes, see the Source SDK Release Notes on the Valve Developer Community site.
http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=news

IRC in these last few minutes:
[19:21] <@Raeven0> Anyway, there's very little of consequence here
[19:21] <@Raeven0> It's a big update, but not an important one :p
[19:22] <@Raeven0> If it comes with an updated codebase, though, hooray for me

[19:37] <@Raeven0> Uh-huh...
[19:38] <@Raeven0> So the SDK attempts to create configurations for every mod
[19:38] <@Raeven0> And if there's a mod that it can't make a configuration for... it crashes
[19:38] <@Raeven0> Where does this make sense?

[19:41] <@Raeven0> In any case, even if there weren't a gameinfo.txt, that wouldn't be an excuse to crash the SDK
[19:41] <@Raeven0> Just skip the Goddamn mod

Needless to say, I am not well pleased. :p

On the positive side, I've just finished looking through the new FGDs, and there are a lot of new entities and properties. I'll have to delay updated FGDs a while longer.

Bout time, woo!

Ok, so I tried to create and Zombine and it just comes up with error.

Weird - Hammer started with the new and groovy Logical view instead of 3D. Now I can't get it back :(

How do you look at the Episode 1 models with model viewer because it keeps showing me half life 2 models?. Oh and yes i did select episode 1 as the current game.

you have to extract from the GCFs yourself.

fix five things and break ten things

The model browser is a big improvement.

Updates, updates - but did they make the code compilable under VC2005 Express? Didn't think so :(

Updates, updates - but did they make the code compilable under VC2005 Express? Didn't think so :(
They made it clear that this update will not contain it, but the next one certainly will.

Aah noo ! i hate updates. my perpective view is broken : /
it's black, it doens't show anything...

edit: and the model viewer crashes when you press the MDL directory.

-dodo

my perpective view is broken : /
it's black, it doens't show anything...

-dodo

Same thing for me, just go to: view, "go to coordinates", and type in "1 1 1", and it should bring you to the center point of your map. I have to do this everytime I load a map in hammer now, it's kind of annoying, but atleast now I can map again after the update. Before the models were spiked, and such.

Or just grab your camera and drop it anywhere in the other viewports.

Back