Sp00nFaCe's Half Life 2 Comic

Sp00nFaCe

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm new here, but I just thought I'd randomly tell you guys about my comic.
I don't know if I'm actually in the right place to post this in, if it is in the wrong place then feel free to move it somewhere else.

Okay basically, I have been making some episodes for a comic based on Half Life 2, i use GMOD to pose the characters and use Photoshop to add the needed other stuff.
I haven't done an awful lot of episodes but I make another one now and then.

We have a steam group you can join called Sp00nFaCe's Comics
feel free to join!

Also feel free to add me on steam: Minime852

If you are interested in reading the episodes, please go here:

www.spoonscomics.x2-pandora.de

Half Life 2 Comic created by Sp00nFaCe
Website hosted, designed and moderated by Gravemind

Thanks,

Sp00nFaCe

Attachments

• Sp00n'sComicsavatar.jpg
    Sp00n'sComicsavatar.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 313
I enjoyed episode 4 quite a bit.

Other than that: :|

Those were pretty cute, I liked the strider one the best. My advice to you would be to work on the posing to ensure it looks more natural, and spelling and grammar too.

Thanks for the kind words,

@KineticAesthetic:
Any spelling and grammer 'mistakes' are on purpose, if they are not on purpose they wont be there as I always proof read them many times before getting them up on there :p

And yes I am trying to work on the posing, I'm not that great at it.

My favorite was 4.

Now, if you actually make a comic about striders dancing...

They're not so bad, humour's not always top notch, but the strider annual ball was a good'n. Visually they're alright. You need to work on your posing, however, particularly with the combine when standing up. Push their asses in a bit and don't make them stand so rigid, especially not like in #4- the CPs seem to be suffering from severe back pains in that one. :p Also, you need to have a look at what your characters are doing with their arms when they're not using them to express something, in some scenes they seem to be bending in the wrong direction and in others they're just going straight down in a very unnatural way, again like the metrocops in #4, and also the dude sitting complaining about the water.

They're not so bad, humour's not always top notch, but the strider annual ball was a good'n. Visually they're alright. You need to work on your posing, however, particularly with the combine when standing up. Push their asses in a bit and don't make them stand so rigid, especially not like in #4- the CPs seem to be suffering from severe back pains in that one. :p Also, you need to have a look at what your characters are doing with their arms when they're not using them to express something, in some scenes they seem to be bending in the wrong direction and in others they're just going straight down in a very unnatural way, again like the metrocops in #4, and also the dude sitting complaining about the water.

Take it from Rimmer, he's made some great comics.

I agree with Rimmer's posts, with a few items of my own. I enjoyed #4 and the Strider ball, the posing wasn't always spot on, and on other ones, I found the humor a bit dry.

That's so cool. :p
Did you use Photoshop and Garry's Mod?

That's so cool. :p
Did you use Photoshop and Garry's Mod?

Yes I did,
if you read the opening paragraph of my first post you will find that out :D.

And okay the humour and posing could use some work, my posing isn't brill but i do try.
I'll try and make the humour more random from now on, some people find my comic really funny and others find they arn't that good, i guess it depends on how random you are, or how you find certain things funny, but I'll give it more randomness next time, hope it wont be too random for your liking!

Thanks for the constructive critism guys, I will try and work more on them, I mean, I'm working alone on this andI'm a noob to comics or photoshop and even posing I haven't done much of before, but I'll try and work on all of them.

Laters

i guess it depends on how random you are, or how you find certain things funny, but I'll give it more randomness next time, hope it wont be too random for your liking!

I'm not a huge fan of randomness myself, but it can be pulled off nicely somtimes. I rather liked the idea of the striders being main characters, that I think could be funny as a thing. My own comic *cough* Worse Than Life, available at PHWonline.com handily linked to in my sig /cough* isn't really randomness-based at all, but like I said, when done right...
And as far as your posing goes, for a beginner you're pretty good actually. But the tips I gave you should, if followed, fix your biggest problems, and the rest of the little nit-picks will smooth out over time.

I'll try and make the humour more random from now on, some people find my comic really funny and others find they arn't that good, i guess it depends on how random you are, or how you find certain things funny, but I'll give it more randomness next time, hope it wont be too random for your liking!

Don't do this. Don't try to be 'random', it's not funny for anyone over twelve.

I've been thinking quite a lot about your comics, and I've realised what I'd like to see more of is stuff about the striders. There's something inherently amusing about these massive synths having awkward personal inter-relationships. I really like that nobody likes John, and it's be great to find out why.
A comic series focusing on striders could be hilarious, or you could extend what you did with the strider comic to other Half Life 2 enemies/characters.

[edit] Nice hivemind there, AJ Rimmer.

Well personally I'm over 12 and I find random stuff funny, but i guess thats just me, then again most people I know that are over 12 love random stuff, it depends who your are.

I like your idea of the strider thing but I don't really know where to start to be honest, my episodes are usually based within Half Life 2's hidden lives or just some of the things of Half Life 2 which are strange, well i can't really explain but the point is, i just do the episodes as they come, I don't really plan things through, I just do and find out what happens.

Also I read your comic AJ Rimmer but for some reason, I don't find them that funny, but they do have some random parts I think and that's what made me laugh, don't get me wrong, your comic is well done.

Anyway I'll give an episode a spot of randomness and see what you guys think of it.

P.S I'll try and think up a strider related episode for the future.

Also I read your comic AJ Rimmer but for some reason, I don't find them that funny, but they do have some random parts I think and that's what made me laugh, don't get me wrong, your comic is well done.

Hehe, that's okay, I'm not petty. :)

...also, I'm a mod and I can change what you wrote after the fact.

Yes I did,
if you read the opening paragraph of my first post you will find that out :D.

And okay the humour and posing could use some work, my posing isn't brill but i do try.

Thanks for the constructive critism guys, I will try and work more on them, I mean, I'm working alone on this andI'm a noob to comics or photoshop and even posing I haven't done much of before, but I'll try and work on all of them.

Laters

Oh i didn;t bother to read the post but i love the comics :D

We should make a steam community group for this :p
I've also bookmarked it :p

Hehe, well thanks for reading them and it's good you enjoy them, I just wish i could satsify the other people who don't :S

Also I'm actually starting to work on a new one now, it may not be as random as I could do it, maybe I can still make it at least slightly funny without being too random, which I decided after earlier advice :)

I will inform you guys when it is completed, although it will not be today.

There's nothing wrong with surreal humour, but relying on characters saying things like 'OMG SPORKS' or 'JUBBLY JUBBLE FISH CAKES' as a punchline hasn't worked since... Well, ever.

Not saying you're doing that, just suggesting you don't.

I know what you mean, and you may seen one or two if a slight sort of thing, i don't mean like a whole page full of "OMFG WATZORZ ROFLCAKE SPAM" but maybe the odd "Hey look! a piece of cheese!"
or something like that.

I like a bit of random speech, but not so much that you cant see the actual page for all the spam of stupid words, I don't like that myself sometimes.

Can i start a steam group for this?

Again reflex, I mentioned this in the first post,

I already created a steam group called "Sp00nFaCe's Comics"
feel free to join it if you want :)

Again reflex, I mentioned this in the first post,

I already created a steam group called "Sp00nFaCe's Comics"
feel free to join it if you want :)

sorry again i just don't read most posts :| :D

That's alright

Hey guys I didn't want to start a new thread for this but I just noticed this little icon next to my thread saying 'You are subscribed to this thread' what does this mean?

And now I found out I can't edit my first post either whats with this?

Means you get an e-mail notification whenever there's a new reply in the thread.

Also, please don't double post. In fact, I'm gonna go do a little clean-up here...

But I didn't double post did I?
If I did could you at least specify where?

Exactly. Posts #24 and #28 used to be double posts, but I squashed them together with the power of Mod.

I know what he can do mechanicallizard, I just wondered WHAT he was doing it on, I can see that now, although I still can't understand why that is classed as a double post, since it's not like they are one after another.

no, you see, he edited your post so it wasnt. it used to be one after the other. i saw it. with my eyes.

Hmm, strange, through my eyes I saw a post in between, because I don't just double post, maybe that is forum lag?

Are you sure it isn't because you two have had too much to drink? :D

:( You know, I was very nice here. Technically I'm supposed to give you an infraction and a warning via a private message, but I didn't cause I'm a nice guy so how about not arguing with me on this one? You already said my comics weren't funny earlier in this thread, and I gotta say I'm not feeling the love right now.

Woah calm down dude, I wasn't trying to argue, I'm just saying is all, it was just a joke, I haven't done anything wrong.. yet...
And I didn't say they weren't funny, I just said they weren't THAT funny, well thats what I meant.
Hey your comics are good man, better than mine it's just I don't prefer that kind of humour :p
Can I ask why I should have got a warning?
What I mean is what for?

love = gone.

only for now maybe, i did like the strider bit.
make another one, then we ll see about the whole "love" thing.

Yeh, that was an accident due to lag.

What do you mean Mechanicallizzard?

UPDATE:
Episode 8 of my comic is coming very soon!
So look out for it!

Back