Spitcodfry: Gabe Email For You!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by anticonscience
I'm sorry to burst the bubble, but do you actually think they are gonna do ANY of what has been said here to a complete stranger who they have never even seen before?

I would to like to entertain the idea that he will get told all sorts of info, but and its a big but i very much doubt he will get anything out of them!

all gabe has said is "who and when?"

You're probably right, but Spitman has the strength to dream. It is highly unlikely he'll get any info whatsoever beyond the experience of going to hq and getting the boot.

But it is possible he'll get a bitchin' surprise based on that email from gabe...if that is in fact, real.

crumbles

9.....single damn digits!

Originally posted by SLH
??? From me, or from some vB auto-thinger?

P.S. Why don't you want people to know their post count. People who post only to increase their count wouldn't be put off by not knowing it.

Well, from you, but crumbles just gave it away anyway.

We don't want post counts on this for because some people do mind what theirs is, and will spam intentionally to raise it. Therefore it has been removed completely, or will, soon.

Originally posted by SLH
[BP.S. Why don't you want people to know their post count. People who post only to increase their count wouldn't be put off by not knowing it. [/B]

I'd guess that it taxes the server....search runs through all the boards to count your posts. If all the combines on the board searched at the same time....it might BLOW THE WHOLE THING!

em.

crumbles.

8, beautiful 8.

Originally posted by Abom|nation
Well, from you, but crumbles just gave it away anyway.

I'm supprised you (as an admin) didn't know that.

We don't want post counts on this for because some people do mind what theirs is, and will spam intentionally to raise it. Therefore it has been removed completely, or will, soon.

Then why don't you have only 1 user status, or enable the custom ones at the start (any post-count), so that there's no goal to spamming?

Well yu will always be able to search for your own posts, and see how many posts you have made.

Correct?

Originally posted by Abom|nation

Oh, geez. Right. Good point. Sorry all.

crumbles.

(a certain amount of posts left of headcrabbage...)

holy shit i'm on hold at valve right now!!! i can hear half life theme music! this is the best day if my life!

Originally posted by SLH
I'm supprised you (as an admin) didn't know that.

Then why don't you have only 1 user status, or enable the custom ones at the start (any post-count), so that there's no goal to spamming?

I'm a super moderator, not an admin. I have a fairly good grip with vB forums, but I don't know all its nooks and crannies :p

We might look into your suggestion, it's just a novelty to have general titles instead of direct post counts.

Originally posted by spitcodfry
holy shit i'm on hold at valve right now!!! i can hear half life theme music! this is the best day if my life!

You called them? sweet.

Making an appointment?

:rolling:

oh my good god in heaven!! im gonna get a tour of valve at 12:00 noon PST today!!! and they said I could bring a camera!!!

At home? Thought were going to the offices?

Update? Are you expecting them to take your call and speak with you?

crum(six)bles.

oh my good god in heaven!! im gonna get a tour of valve at 12:00 noon PST today!!! and they said I could bring a camera!!!

WOW, cool. Take lots of pics!!!!

NO WAY! yo man we been talking about u on this thread. you did read the first page. right?

man YOU MUST TELL US IT ALL TONIGHT. for you it will be 6pm for us in UK and all that it will be like 12am-1am! but i wana know what happened with u goin there so i will wait up to hear about it!

I dont usually use capslock to this extent, but:

OMG!!!! FORGET A REGULAR CAMERA, BRING A VIDEO CAMERA!!!!!

SHIT I WISH I WERE YOU RIGHT NOW! :bounce:

wait a min i have completed HL1. OPF4, blue shift.....can't remember the "HL THEME?"

Originally posted by commando
NO WAY! yo man we been talking about u on this thread. you did read the first page. right?

man YOU MUST TELL US IT ALL TONIGHT. for you it will be 6pm for us in UK and all that it will be like 12am-1am! but i wana know what happened with u goin there so i will wait up to hear about it!

totally dudes...im gonna bring my digital camera with the snapshot feature so i can take tons of pics and load em on my comp via firewire right away

i don't think the search thing really works. i know i crossed 100 a while ago, but now when i search, i get 131. i'm pretty sure i'm above 131...especially as an ant lion.

EDIT: Congrats Spitcod...make sure to say hello from the halflife2.net message boards. Tell them that we all can't wait for HL2.

You've scored a big victory for the polite calm people on this board. You're lucky as hell, and i certainly can't wait to hear how it goes.

Say hi to Gabe for me!

Originally posted by commando
wait a min i have completed HL1. OPF4, blue shift.....can't remember the "HL THEME?"

it's the music that plays at the very beginning during the tram ride...very moody

Originally posted by Spiffae
i don't think the search thing really works. i know i crossed 100 a while ago, but now when i search, i get 131. i'm pretty sure i'm above 131...especially as an ant lion.

?? According to me you have 232

High five to spitty! Ha! Told you guys it was a possibility! Have fun, dude!

If they can't answer the release date question, or they swear you to secrecy on other issues (why would they do that if they invite a fan for a tour?) --- then tell us what types of things they swore you to secrecy.

Don't leave us hanging...

crum(five)bles.

Any bets on whether he'll be leaving with a t-shirt? I'd bet he will.

Originally posted by Ahnteis
Any bets on whether he'll be leaving with a t-shirt? I'd bet he will.

Yep. Or something else perhaps.

If they give you the same release date as they have been (the 30th) ask about the game's gold status.

Hey spitcod, hope you can get a website or some sort of ftp to put all your pics up so that itll be available for our viewing pleasure =)

w0000000000000000t! Nice m8!
Make tons of pics and upload them right away :D

totally dudes...im gonna bring my digital camera with the snapshot feature so i can take tons of pics and load em on my comp via firewire right away

Like we have keep saying....be polite as possible...ask before you take pictures of anything.

Man, Valve just went up a notch in coolness factor.

When will you be back to post?

crumfourbles.

this is NOT FAKE!

WE ALL TRUST SPITCODFRY! with you the whole way on this...well...kinda (cause i aint goin in to see them! GRRRRR lucky ass)

but he will show us pics (if he is allowed to)

cause spit man, remember they will say to you "WHAT AND WHAT NOT" to play on ya camera.

Originally posted by indocomplexity
Hey spitcod, hope you can get a website or some sort of ftp to put all your pics up so that itll be available for our viewing pleasure =)

If you don't, we can host a write-up and gallery on beyondhalflife.com

this really makes me mad that i didnt go visit valve. i took a trip to northern california this summer and coulda drivin up to WA to say hi to Gabe. man that would have been sweet, but i didnt even think about it while i was there (too many hot cali babes) *cry*

Good luck! The HL2.Net community is with you :) Take as much pictures of the office as you can so we could make a Valve Office HL2 Map lol :)

Originally posted by TheSmJ
If they give you the same release date as they have been (the 30th) ask about the game's gold status.

Yes. Or get them to absolutely confirm the 30th....not "we're headed for a release date on the 30th", but "it WILL be on the shelves internationally on September 30th"

Also, give them props for keeping everything as secret as it has been. A project this big kept so secret for so long is a righteous accomplishment....and then the production of the boxes and distribution...lots of possible leaks for valve.

crumthreebles.

spitcod, just remember to take permission for all pics you take, because im sure valve is fully aware of this forum, if not this thread, so just take permission.

and heh, if you get a chance, get some info too ;)

Spitcod:

remember to sign the NDA with a false name, that way you can tell us all the juice ;)

make you sure you get a lockdown on the release date.

and most of all:

enjoy yourself! you had the drive to make it happen and i honestly wish you well!

Excellent! It's truly heart warmening to see Valve doing this kind of thing!

Valve truly ROCKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back