Splinter Cell rips on HL2!

Samon said:
Me and axyon were discussing this :LOL:
Heh, it is great when dev teams take shots at each other. As I said, Valve will have to sneak something into the expansion or Half-Life 3 ;)

Sufferin-rebel said:
Ok did Sam Fisher.. Save the world from an Alien Invasion... from Xen.. Did Sam Fisher.. Killed a Armored Testicle Giant Head crab?.. He might of Saved the world from Terrorists.. But they usually bomb us without looking, Combine on the other hand Will turn u into a Stalker.. And the Combine will use Sam as a stalker MUHAHAHA

And guess what? no one saved anybody from an alien invasion, there is no such thing as xen, there is no testicle giant head crab, there is no gordon freeman, or sam fisher. get it? it's not real. so you guys should stop saying "Well sam didn't save people from aliens!!" because that's a pathetic argument to compare characters. :rolleyes:

not to mention, I would say sam is more of a better character, because honestly, gordon never talks..and you are gordon. :p

I think its great fun :D Im sure they mean it in a positive way :)

Sanius said:
Ubisoft has stated it's there for looks ever since 2003, not to mention it would be very annoying in third person view, walking around, not being able to tell where you are. his opsat/goggles are not really 'seen' by the enemies, even though you can.

and lets not turn this into a stupid sam fisher vs gordon pissfest.

but I leave you with this picture: http://img116.echo.cx/img116/6316/8cda4ts.jpg
Check this pic out:

Attachments

• Real Splinter Cell.jpg
    Real Splinter Cell.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 272
Quote scientist from HL1: "You still say there's nothing to Chaos Theory?"
Odd... the scientist foresaw all this... VALVe saw it coming before Sam Fisher did

I think the chaos theory states that if you throw everything into a mix, when it settles, a better something will come out.

i e-mailed gabe...see what he thought...

Attachments

• gabe.jpg
    gabe.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 268
Kristafon said:
See attachment :stare:

The place is the Sandtraps chapter. Gordon at top of lighthouse, Sam hanging from lighthouse. Sam grabs Gordon because his IQ is equal to that of a jar of mayonnaise and throws him off the lighthouse. Gordon screams very loudly on his way down and crashes with a "BING!" as his head bounces off the rail and his dead ragdoll body falls into the ocean, hitting rocks along the way.

Gordon's H.E.V suit absorbs some damage and he heals himself with some healthpacks at the base of the lighthouse. Gordon grabs an item with a manipulator and sets the map to fullbright. Sam's dead.

while all major FPS characters, Jack, Gordy, Sam, Chief are equally good in action,

BUT

if you throw them in a classroom with a pencil and a piece of paper,
Gordon will beat the shit outta those guys lol

Yeah , I got a good laugh at that. I love it when videogames have those little hidden easter eggs like that. Republic Commando is good for those kinda puns. (Mostly at themselves).

bs, lamm, it's a proven fact that if gordon falls 10 feet, every bone in his body breaks. :D

Gordon quickly types sv_cheats 1 and god in console along the way down and lives!

Sorry, but after I saw this thread, I had to comment.

If Sam Fisher and Gordon were thrown in a room, and they had to kill each other, and they both had no weapons and nothing at all, besides there pair of underwear. Sam Fisher will definately win.

BUT, if Sam Fisher, Master Chief and all those other FPS protagonists were thrown in a room along with Solid Snake with only there pair of underwear. Solid Snake will take them all out at once. :LOL:

Sam Fisher would win because gordon's arms only work if he has a weapon. But gordon can pick objects up with his mind!!!!

lol. Thats funny, because in that room I was talking about. There are no objects.

I'm talking about a room with no objects, no weapons that will help them all fight. I'm talking about a battle between all of them, all they can use is there bare hands.

And teh best bit would be, although all the other heros would be like OW! and ARRRGH DIE! Gordon would be like '...'

Haha, i can see it now....

Wow..Gordon would win..
Gman people!!
He can stop time, pull gordon out whenever he wants!

Im started to wonder now.. gordon smacks sh*t with the crowbar pretty damned hard with one arm..

lol. Jeepers. But thats in the Half-life 2 universe. Why don't we bring all the action game characters into the real world? And put them inside an empty room with no weapons, and just themselves, wearing a pair of underwear.

That way it will test to see who will be the best fighter of them all.

special-ed said:
Im started to wonder now.. gordon smacks sh*t with the crowbar pretty damned hard with one arm..

lol true

maybe is a geek but he know how to use a crowbar

Perhaps it'd be best to put Gordon in his HEV suit, Sam in his spy gear, and the Master Cheif in his armor, then throw them all into dm_overwatch and see what happens :)

Sam Fisher is better than Gordon and MC combined, although once the Doom marine comes a knockin, there's hell to be payed.

Good 'ol fashioned melee, Freeman, Fisher, Chief, (Doom Marine, don't know his name), Snake and..... Pikachu??

Pika!!!!! *ZZZZAAAAPPP*

*WARNING, USER DEAD IMMINENT*

Pesmerga said:
Sam Fisher is better than Gordon and MC combined, although once the Doom marine comes a knockin, there's hell to be payed.

I don't know about that. I was in a debate once about who would win a fight:

A Predator

or

Master Chief

The MC fanboys practically had him destroying the sun before it was over.

Gordon > Sam Fisher

Ok well to be honest it really depends on the skill of the player.. because YOU are all of these people.

Rafa 5.0 said:
Good 'ol fashioned melee, Freeman, Fisher, Chief, (Doom Marine, don't know his name), Snake and..... Pikachu??

Pika!!!!! *ZZZZAAAAPPP*

*WARNING, USER DEAD IMMINENT*

Samus, Joanna Dark, Agent 47, Sgt. Cortez.....the list could go on.

Back