Spoilers! GCF update! Spoilers!

TheCheckt

Reaction score
*Possible Spoilers ITT*

Looks like the latest update on episode one is coming! I'm downloading it right now, but I can't wait until it's done. Then I'm going to take a little looksy.

Samon, maybe you'd take a look and shed some more light on the storyline. You seem to have pieced together quite a bit.

Half-Life 2: Episode One Preload Update
May 25, 2006, 6:46 pm · Alfred Reynolds
An update to the Half-Life 2: Episode One preload has been released. The update will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The changes are:

Half-Life 2: Episode One

* Started preloading of entire game in encrypted form

Media

* Released Episode One launch teaser #2

I like news

Supposedly its only 14 maps long, so this cant be the only update. There has to be more. 14 maps is retarded. Makes me wonder what the heck valve was doing for over a year.

Maybe there is? Or maybe the maps are uber-large.

EDIT: Where do you find it?

hl2epipreload2.jpg

Awesome!

TheCheckt said:
*Possible Spoilers ITT*

Looks like the latest update on episode one is coming! I'm downloading it right now, but I can't wait until it's done. Then I'm going to take a little looksy.

Samon, maybe you'd take a look and shed some more light on the storyline. You seem to have pieced together quite a bit.

Yep, I'll take a looksie once it's done :)

Ok!
There is a new GCF for hl2e1, called half life 2 episode one, and not just episode1 shared

yeah the update said that this was the last update.

Even if it is 14 maps, that's not bad. Look at the length MINERVA is so far with only two maps. Atleast an hour and a half.

Actually - I know we all wanna look cool and bitch at how 14 maps are "gay" but the average map SIZE in HL2 was around 13MB in EP1 they are atleast 30 with most hitting the 45MB size.

Wow the opening map is 60MBs big.

Yeah, most likely HDR that is making them so big, seeing as it makes the map x2 bigger..

True, but 30MB can make for 2 and a 1/2 hours of fun (Minerva).

Any self-respecting HL fan must try out Minerva. Adam Foster is simply brilliant!

np, I didn't actualy know what you meant ^^ but now I do

EDIT: Theres another one called episode1 shared but you probably already know (thats the old one)

for minerva, would i need metastasis 1 and 2 or just 2?

TheAmazingRando said:
Since Minerva 1 & 2 are seperate episodes you will want to get both.
Is the 'Amazing' in your username to indicate 'amazingly wrong'? 'TheAmazingWrongo' might be an improvement. ;-)

An updated version of the first MINERVA episode is included in the download for the second. Yes, it's really, really complicated. You'll be able to play right the way through in a single sitting, should you wish...

ok thanks, i went to their website and figured it out. google didnt help too much i guess.

OMG Adam Foster is here!!
I believe he actually got to playtest Episode One?

Back