Spray Problem. Pic inside

M

maGz

Hi,

I just went thru a tutorial of how 2 make a transparent spray, but didn't seen 2 work :(. I did exactly wot i was supposed 2 do as far as I know of. My spray just comes out like this, when I want to have a transparent background, not a grey one:

t9uspray.jpg

Dunno y thats happening :(

Help appreciated

What tutorial did you try and what program are you using?

Well I know what tutorial you did, it's the same one I used. The guy mentions this website even at the end, which is how I got here.

However, I can assure you the tutorial is dead on since I followed it and mine came out perfect. I would go through it again, because you missed a couple steps from what I can see.

This is the tutorial I used:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/craigweb2k/Spray_Tut/

Tutorial Says:
Remember the layer 'background_layer'? Select the layers palette and highlight this layer and fill it with a shade of grey.

It says make the Background layer Grey colour so i did...:(. I dont under stand y I need to make the background layer grey because I thought Black meant Invisible:

Tutorial Says
Black = Invisible, White = 100% visible and the gradients of grey's in between vary from fully visible to fully invisible

I'm Using Photoshop

did you create the alpha layer ? and i cant seem to get the shape and the shadow selected to go into creating the alpha layer

got it working, just needed to do ctrl shift alt n

then ctrl shift alt E

i forgot to do the Alt E one...thanks works good if you try it a couple times to understand it.

once you understand alpha layers all will work perfectly ....i.e my case :)

wow, thats 1 cool spray man, i need to get photoshop or sumthing like that?
what shall i get.. photoshop, or is there another image software that is better, but not too expensive..?

My spray works fine now, I stuffed the tutorial about it saying fill the background layer with grey :), heres what I came up wiv:

n1 Tottenham!

d9yspray1.jpg

Give Opinions plz

I had the same problem, and I did the tutorial exactly like 5 times. I tried everything, changing from 256x256 to 128x128 and 256x128, still nothing.

I could always save files as *.tga but I downloaded the targa plugin anyway and saved the file as "image" and then it worked for some reason. Anyway for some reason I don't think people in servers (its 256x256) can see my spray, only me.

I tested the sprays like crazy, and if you use transparency then NOBODY on the server can see your spray, even if it looks good to you. I tried 256x256 and 128x128 and even 256x128. I guess if you want to use a spray you have to have a dumb square pic =\

Hmm, I wonder why that is? It doesn't make sense that it doesn't show up, so I wonder what the deal is...

damn, some of these are SO fake its unbelieveable, that football one is bullshit for sure

you don't have to do anything with the background..
just start a new pic with an allready transparant background... when you're finished with the spray.. save it as .TGA file... then load it into CSS and there you go :)

umop said:
if you use transparency then NOBODY on the server can see your spray, even if it looks good to you. I guess if you want to use a spray you have to have a dumb square pic =\

Every1 can c my spray :|

-=DarKnight=- said:
damn, some of these are SO fake its unbelieveable, that football one is bullshit for sure

wot u on about 'its bullshit' ?

-=DarKnight=- said:

Normally I'd assume you were joking since this statement is ridiculous, but since I can't find any reason to laugh I assume you are just a moron.

StainlessJ-FPGA said:
Normally I'd assume you were joking since this statement is ridiculous, but since I can't find any reason to laugh I assume you are just a moron.

well said :)

umop said:
I tested the sprays like crazy, and if you use transparency then NOBODY on the server can see your spray, even if it looks good to you. I tried 256x256 and 128x128 and even 256x128. I guess if you want to use a spray you have to have a dumb square pic =\

my mate saw mine and i saw his..

-=DarKnight=- said:

mate i used flashlight over mine..not possible to photoshop.

Back