Sprays In DOD:S

trebhome

Reaction score
It seemed so easy to get sprays to work in CS:S. For some reason They won't work in DOD:S. I make a 256x256 image in PS. I have the VTF plugin so I save it to the ....materials/logos folder, then in my options menu it shows up fine, then I go to play and it makes the sound but there is no spray. How do I use a spray on DOD:S?

Personally, I hate sprays in DoD. So much time is spent making the game look the business, and you really feel flung into a WWII battle (well, as much as you can on a 21st Century PC) and there, on the blood soaked floor is a big pink dick advertising some idiots rubbish blog.

Ehhheggg.

I Hate sprays in Day of Defeat it just does not go. pics of naked women nice but well not DOD.
But then old adverts from say the 1940-45 Horlicks, OXO ect ect now that would be gooood.

So, in conclusion, we've decided that we're glad your spays don't work. Unless you happen to spray some pictures of corned beef.

well, what about others who want to have old ww ii and previous wars, authentic propaganda posters ? they would be perfectly in dod, or even the old pin up posters ;)

trebhome said:
It seemed so easy to get sprays to work in CS:S. For some reason They won't work in DOD:S. I make a 256x256 image in PS. I have the VTF plugin so I save it to the ....materials/logos folder, then in my options menu it shows up fine, then I go to play and it makes the sound but there is no spray. How do I use a spray on DOD:S?

You don't need to convert your sprays to vtf or anything else now. In Photoshop, all you need to do is save your spray as a tga. You can put this tga anywhere you want on your drive. Run DOD:S, in options import your tga file. DOD:S will then convert/import/do what it needs to to the tga. Your spray should then work. I have done this for my spray, and it works fine :cheers:

@destrukt
good idea mate. i'm gonna edit my spray to look as if it is one of those said posters.

destrukt said:
well, what about others who want to have old ww ii and previous wars, authentic propaganda posters ? they would be perfectly in dod, or even the old pin up posters ;)

Your clan needs
YOU

uhhhh all i did was go to options--->import spray (or whatever its called)---. found my file...bada bing

They should remove sprays completely from all the source games. They serve no useful purpose other than to annoy.

at least give me a console command to remove just the spray decals

hah, i've had some success with the propaganda posters, alot of people love them and they usually blend in well.

cl_downloads 0

...Or something along those lines make it so you don't download sprays.

I agree that sprays of dicks/chicks/random pictures does not suit DoD, and is far more at home on some CSS servers.
I see some people with sprays of like old propoganda posters, and I think that is ok; I even mistook a spray for an actual part of the map.

Back