STALKER: To Do / Not to do

Reaction score
I just picked up a copy of stalker and am about to start playing. I never looked at the threads to closely to avoid massive spolers, but I what I do remember is that there are a few parts of the game you want to carefully avoid for various reasons (like the game ends THERE).

Without giving away too many spoilers . . . .what do I need to avoid or what do I need to make sure to do, to ensure I get the most out of the game.

Get some cheats,

-apply the latest patch

and download the cheat from google by searching

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. v1.0003 +11 TRAINER

have fun.

Get some cheats,

-apply the latest patch

and download the cheat from google by searching

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. v1.0003 +11 TRAINER

have fun.

Lmao, a post from Gorgon usually involves cheats or graphics in some way :LOL:

Try to get lots of ammo early on.
It`s a bitch to fight soldiers with a bloody pistol.

Well when Markov reveals to you that all stalkers ale clones of each other choose not to destroy the cloning machine.

There is also the part where in the D12 labs underneath the train station that you can get the experimental gun, choose not to, you can get it cheaper if you kill the Russian Blackops that are led by your father.

Also when you loose your arm it's better not to go back in the bunke with the three nuclear reactors that house the bodies of the US spies tha gave russia the technology to build the mutants.

Well when Markov reveals to you that all stalkers ale clones of each other choose not to destroy the cloning machine.

There is also the part where in the D12 labs underneath the train station that you can get the experimental gun, choose not to, you can get it cheaper if you kill the Russian Blackops that are led by your father.

Also when you loose your arm it's better not to go back in the bunke with the three nuclear reactors that house the bodies of the US spies tha gave russia the technology to build the mutants.

lol you lose your arm? man i should finish stalker 1 day.

I just finished the game.. like, minutes ago. I'm really not sure what I think about it all.

My advice is to watch what you're carrying. It's a real bitch to go over the weight limit because then you can't really sprint. Another thing about sprinting, try to get your hands on the electric artifacts, they help out a lot. They make traveling quicker!

And people dudes who have finished the game:
So... Strelok was you, right? Does it actually inform you of this (and I missed it), or are there clues, or does it just eventually become pretty easy to figure?

Stalker is a hard game at first because of those annoying bandits that attack you out of nowhere and those dogs. after awhile you get used to it. my advice is go check out Gamespot's game guide and follow the tips and the walkthrough. there was one mission which i screwed up so badly that i had to redo the all thing and it took me 2 hours.

there are some missions which you dun have to complete such as the perfect suit. there is a mission called 'Save Mole' which you have to hep out this guy in a battle. after the battle is over, finish talking to him and make sure u complete that quest, cuz the next part is a checkpoint and u might not be able to talk to him again.

carry wat you need, such as bandages, medikit, food, alcohol, that injection that reduces radiation, 1 pistol (dun carry more than 700 bullets cuz it adds to weight), 1 machine gun (at least 300 bullets) or shotgun, and some artifacts. artifacts are nice cuz they add to ur attributes but some increase ur radiation level. try to minimize as much as possible.

Quicksave alot and also name the saved game to a specific point so that when u screw up, u can reload to that game.

lastly, headshots are very important! when u are in a combat, use trees or objects to hide behind and use lean to carefully attack the enemies. when moving to another point, always sprint. also, when the enemy is unaware of ur presence, use ur shotgun and sneak carefully behind him and shoot him in the head. then mug him!

One of the most problematic bits of Stalker is the Inventory management. Generally speaking though, by the end section of the game you'll want to have something around :

1 * NATO Rifle - GP37
700 * NATO Rifle Ammo
1 * SOVIET Rifle - Obokan
700 * SOVIET Rifle Ammo
10 * Medkits
4 * Food (Bread)
5 * Bandage
10 * Anti-Rad
1 * Stalker Suit/ Or better

RPG'S, Shotguns, Pistols and stuff are great, but two good Assault Rifles can get you out of any situation in the game, given enough practice.

The Obokan sucks imo.

Also, I got a mod that lets me carry a shitload more stuff. Im carrying the Nato rifle with ~ 1000 rounds, the M16 looking gun, that powerful bulky looking gun with a grenade launcher, a combat shotgun, an rpg, and a sniper rifle. Oh and 3 sets of armor.

I just finished the game.. like, minutes ago. I'm really not sure what I think about it all.

My advice is to watch what you're carrying. It's a real bitch to go over the weight limit because then you can't really sprint. Another thing about sprinting, try to get your hands on the electric artifacts, they help out a lot. They make traveling quicker!

And people dudes who have finished the game:
So... Strelok was you, right? Does it actually inform you of this (and I missed it), or are there clues, or does it just eventually become pretty easy to figure?

@ Spoiler, I figured it out about halfway through the game. It becomes pretty obvious by then, and then there's that whole incident with Strelok's group member who blatantly states it :p

@ Spoiler, I figured it out about halfway through the game. It becomes pretty obvious by then, and then there's that whole incident with Strelok's group member who blatantly states it :p

The Doctor reveals that.
RPG'S, Shotguns, Pistols and stuff are great, but two good Assault Rifles can get you out of any situation in the game, given enough practice.

I can never manage to avoid overweight when I bear more than one primary weapon. Also, RPG ammo sounds rare.

p.s. the slug, Mica artifacts are supposed to stop you from bleeding, but I find myself bleed more when I am wearing them.

So I guessed I missed it. :)

Ahhh... I'm not very bright.

I played this for a few hours, and loved it. But it looked horrible without dynamic lighting, so I'm waiting for my new PC this fall to continue playing it.

Like someone says, 2 assault rifles is the best choice. Make sure the calibres are different and they have scope/GL attatchments.
I usually had one with larger calibre/scope, and smaller calibre/GL in my backpack.

Don`t download any mods that take the limits away or give you more. The game ain`t ment to be played like that and it`s lame, almost cheating.

I do suggest downloading gore, graphics, market mods which make the game prettier, harder but more enjoyable.
There is a mod that gives you the ability to mod all the weapons with all the attatchments. I didn`t use it but you should, could make then game more interesting.

Just play the game and save near the last chapter, youll know when you have to ether do this or do that. When your there you make a save. Then when you get to ether of those areas before you move on or finish it you make another save. So you should have 3 saves you can go back to and they are all within the last 30 mins of the game.

Don't, whatever you go, use trainers.

Don't play it on easy either.

I recomend using the VSS Vintorez(Vintar BC) and the Groza(Thunder). They use the same ammo but one is used for sniping and the other close combat. No need for a pistol.

http://stalker.vokr.com/img/zbrane/vintorez.jpg

http://games.cnews***/articles/img/stalker/weap_big_groza.jpg

The fast firing AK with scope, silencer and grenade launcher is also a good choise.

I love the GP-37 for medium distance. On single fire mode, it's ace.

The Tunder is great for close combat as well

It's a shame both the rifles aren't easy to get ammo for for a lot of the game.

The fire firing ak will do for a long time as well, with a scope and GL it's ace

...what? I don't remember that and I finished the game :?

STALKER has a lot more to offer than you can get when following the main quests and finishing the game quick.

I recommend downloading mods that balance the ammo, market, money system. Makes the game harder but you won`t end up a bloody superman in the end either. A lot more enjoyable imo.

STALKER has a lot more to offer than you can get when following the main quests and finishing the game quick.

I know, but I thought I did all the main subquests (I don't mean those randomly generated "go fetch me an artifact").

Guys i was kidding, I haven't even played the game, well I have but only for 5 minutes. 'c mom did you folks honestly think I would ruin it for the OP just for fun.

I look forward to the allegiances in the expansion. You can join any group, and each one has cool bonuses.

Where can I find more RPG ammo?

Do the slug, Mica artifacts really stop you from bleeding?

One thing to remember: The things that give + in health don't fortify your health. They regenerate it.

By the way, take a look at this mod: Thefloatingpoint.org
You won't regret it. It changes the algorithmical components of the graphics graphics engine with more efficient ones(float32), adds a lot of nice details, and generally makes the game look really good AND improves performance all the whilst.

Guys i was kidding, I haven't even played the game, well I have but only for 5 minutes. 'c mom did you folks honestly think I would ruin it for the OP just for fun.

That's what I suspected :D. Funny how only I went all "wtf" and everybody else just acknowledged what you said.

How useful Mica is? It says -400% breed, but I found myself keep breeding after wearing it. Is it a bug or what?

Also, several moonlights can ensure you will never get tired whilst you are running. I forgot whether it needs two or three. It sounds like two as you said. Also, ensure you carry several crystals and urchins on your backpack. Doing so can allow you gaining access to any radioactive area, even to some which use radiation as a map boundary barrier, resulting in falling into a deep transparent abyss if you cross those areas.

X16? Is that the first or second lab? I remember shitting myself in the first one, the second one was alright though.

Back