Steam ERROR!!

xxPsycoxx

Reaction score
:frown: okay so i tried to dowload steam and im getting this weird error. it tries to update (this is my first time with steam) and it stops and says Steam(main exception): unable to load library.dll. I REALLY WANT TO PLAY HL2 GMOD AND CSS! Please help im going all over the internet for help and none of it has worked!!

no i downloaded it from steampowered.com, and now i maually inserted steam.dll and now i have the error SteamUI.dll. well i inserted that, but i still have that error. any help?

Try running the installer as an administrator. Right click the installer when installing, sounds like some important files aren't being copied.

Which operating system are you using. Apart from that have you tried reinstalling. By reinstalling I mean remove, reboot, install as administrator. If that is what you did, there is a possibility that there is a colliding piece of software on your computer which is causing STEAM to work ineffectively. The DLL files missing can be downloaded from www.dll-files.com and inserted into your Windows directory.

End all software that is not essential for your computer to run effectively and then report back. If anything else happens, email me at [email protected] and I will attempt to help you.

Back