Steam Mirrors Here

me to, does that mean ive just downloaded the old stem installer? its 555kb i think

If you people didn't read Feath's link, you can stop trying to get Steam now. The client is delayed, won't be out until tomorrow.

ITS POINTLESS

The installer is not a new version of steam its still going to download steam using... well steam

it says, they are making some changes to the steam network, so the dedicated server will be released tonight, and the client will be tomorrow.

Steam Dedicated Server and Client
[Wed Sep 10, 2003 / 11:14am PDT] Chris 'autolycus' Bokitch - comments (0)

I just received a new press release from Doug Lombardi about the topic of the moment:

"Steam Dedicated Server Release Tonight; Steam Client Tomorrow

We've been making final changes to the Steam network throughout the night. Unfortunately, it's taken longer than we planned. However, the Steam dedicated server will be released this evening, and the Steam client release is now scheduled for tomorrow.

We're working to get the release out as fast as we can -- sorry for the delay, and thanks for your patience."

Originally posted by simmo
I cant even get on the site :(

Steam Dedicated Server and Client
[Wed Sep 10, 2003 / 11:14am PDT] Chris 'autolycus' Bokitch - comments (0)

I just received a new press release from Doug Lombardi about the topic of the moment:

Steam Dedicated Server Release Tonight; Steam Client Tomorrow

We've been making final changes to the Steam network throughout the night. Unfortunately, it's taken longer than we planned. However, the Steam dedicated server will be released this evening, and the Steam client release is now scheduled for tomorrow.

We're working to get the release out as fast as we can -- sorry for the delay, and thanks for your patience.

that what it said for you people who cat get on the site

EDIT: ****!

great, I downloaded the 500KB~ one, uninstalled the one I got, and now you telling me it's the same?
sheesh.. damn this is all so confusing!

Originally posted by Anwar
ITS POINTLESS

The installer is not a new version of steam its still going to download steam using... well steam

Do not post if you don't know what your talking about.

We're working to get the release out as fast as we can -- sorry for the delay, and thanks for your patience.

D. Lombardi

Originally posted by ripkord

D. Lombardi

i posted that gj

Originally posted by ripkord

D. Lombardi

its been posted like 3 times already!

In the install log created by the 555kb file the first few lines say the following:

Title: Steam Install
Source: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.OCYBRMANO\Desktop\steaminstall.exe | 09-10-2003 | 14:00:34 | 568720
Made Dir: C:\Program Files\Steam
File Copy: C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe | 07-11-2003 | 16:03:32 | 1.0.0.0 | 868352 | 7ea4a470

Sounds like the newest version to me... because it says 07-11-2003 for Steam.exe (couldn't be the original beta) and the installer was a different size than the second beta version... but I could be wrong.

Originally posted by wormstrangler
Do not post if you don't know what your talking about.

Shut up moron I got that from the STEAM website... its a 500kb installer NOT steam full version... what part of that do you not understand?

Shut up moron I got that from the STEAM website... its a 500kb installer NOT steam full version... what part of that do you not understand?

you need a new steam installer...the old one won't update itself...which is what you were saying

Just taken from the Steam site, nothing about postponing the release and nothing on Major news sites.

GET STEAM NOW
IN MINUTES, YOU'LL BE PLAYING YOUR FAVORITE GAMES

The Steam client initial download is about 500kB. Please select one of the links below to get started. (If you already have Steam, you don't need to download this installer. Steam will update itself automatically.)

DOWNLOAD LOCATIONS:

There are currently no download locations available.

The Steam 1.0 (non-beta) installer will be available at 11:00 am PST on Wednesday, September 10th.

Originally posted by Maskirovka
you need a new steam installer...the old one won't update itself...which is what you were saying

Now whose feelling stupid? :)

Originally posted by Maskirovka

Again here you are worng. The old one WILL UPDATE. It says so on the damn steam site that I quoted in an above post. Just because you guys dont read doesnt make me wrong.

for those that did not read it
http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=getsteamnow

GET STEAM NOW
IN MINUTES, YOU'LL BE PLAYING YOUR FAVORITE GAMES

The Steam client initial download is about 500kB. Please select one of the links below to get started. (If you already have Steam, you don't need to download this installer. Steam will update itself automatically.)

DOWNLOAD LOCATIONS:

There are currently no download locations available.

The Steam 1.0 (non-beta) installer will be available at 11:00 am PST on Wednesday, September 10th

READ: (If you already have Steam, you don't need to download this installer. Steam will update itself automatically.)

Again if you missed it: (If you already have Steam, you don't need to download this installer. Steam will update itself automatically.)

One more time for the reading impared: (If you already have Steam, you don't need to download this installer. Steam will update itself automatically.)

STOP CALLING ME A LIER

thanks

What is stupid, who is filling it, and what are they filling it with?

That's the info from the old Steam builds you ignoramus. That's what everybody's been trying to tell you. Christ..

It's just a spelling mistake. I'm sure I could go through your posts and find one too.

READ: (If you already have Steam, you don't need to download this installer. Steam will update itself automatically.)

Well, you're wrong. You need a new client.

Originally posted by krarg
That's the info from the old Steam builds you ignoramus. That's what everybody's been trying to tell you. Christ..

Another person who can not read... wow im suprised.

for you: The Steam 1.0 (non-beta) installer will be available at 11:00 am PST on Wednesday, September 10th

that means its this version

need more help understanding:
http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=getsteamnow

that is the site I quoted the site you get the installer links from.

I know this is hard for some people but read then post.

Hmm, looks like steam client will get released sometime tommorrow... no biggie!! just hope they dont do it with hl2 release date! :dozey:

Originally posted by wormstrangler
It's just a spelling mistake. I'm sure I could go through your posts and find one too.

oh really and you base this on what?

since I show facts and you pull shit out of you ass what makes you right?

you are making up stuff then trying to insult me

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the new client you will be able to download is for peeps who dont have steam installed yet like myself, if you have steam beta already installed it will update itself like it says on steam website

nippy, please mention the source of this information, as every announcement by Valve, including their email to site operators and game server admins, says the opposite.

Again if you missed it: (If you already have Steam, you don't need to download this installer. Steam will update itself automatically.)

One more time for the reading impared: (If you already have Steam, you don't need to download this installer. Steam will update itself automatically.)

Rofl

Originally posted by Nippy_Kangaroo
the new client you will be able to download is for peeps who dont have steam installed yet like myself, if you have steam beta already installed it will update itself like it says on steam website

correct

exactly what I said but people know better then valve's own website

Back