Steam Weekend Deal: Savage 2 is Now Available for $9.99

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
This weekend you can buy Savage 2: A Tortured Soul for just $9.99 (That's 66% off), this offer expires before Monday, August 4th.

Journey back to the fantasy realm of Newerth to continue the epic battle between humans and beasts. Savage 2 combines real-time strategy and first person action in a dynamic multiplayer environment.

Choose your side, human or beast, and select one of seven different class types to take to the battlefield in intense first person combat. Feel like taking the reins? Choose to be a commander to play an in-depth RTS game that lets you lead your troops into battle as you build structures to unlock offensive and defensive capabilities. It's all waiting for you in Savage 2.

<div align="center">
newsspacer.gif
</div>[br]

Take advantage of this awesome offer! Visit the Steam Store now.

Wow the game goes for 10 bucks and all of a sudden you see a surge of players (more then the servers have slots to fill! never thought I would see that) and now its number 2 on steam

This game requires a ****ing beast of a machine to even play it.
Shame, I loved the first one.
This one's got way too much to take in at once and the load times and performance are atrocious.

Although, I'm a huge sucker for low prices... I might end up buying this. D:

Works fine on my

AMD 4400 X2
Geforce 7900 GS
2GB Ram

Meh, I've changed my computer a bit since I last tried the game... I'll give the demo another go.

edit : Just got through playing the demo.
It's very fun, feels a lot like Savage 1... except somewhat simplified.(can't buy spells/weapons anymore, the classes for each side are basically preset with weapons and items).
Apparently the Steam version's not too great unless you have a lot of memory.(game's a huge memory whore, so is steam... do the math.), so I probably won't be getting it on Steam.
I won't be buying it at all, actually... all the servers are almost always full and the ones that are open are usually in the 80/100 ping range and nobody ever talks... so you never really know what the **** is going on.
Soloing it can be fun, but it's even better with a working team.

It's a pass for me.

Might take a look into this when I get home. Looks like it's worth a whole ?10.

What a deal! This game is pretty damn cool once you get the hang of it. Just picked up this and UT2k4 for a whopping $25. :afro:

Can't stop playing Savage 2 though, haven't really touched UT2k4 yet. :)

Meh, I wouldn't have stopped playing either but the time limit ended.
If you're not in a server you're usually sitting in the chat lobby bitching about how there's almost no servers to join. D:

Gah, damn it... It's still $10, I think I'm gonna end up buying it...I just need to go to the bank and get some money put on my card.
Hopefully it's still $10 later in the day, should be $10 for the rest of the week... from what everyone ingame says they got a much needed surge in players and if enough people like it, the word spreads.

Back