Steam Weekend Deals: Eve Online And Red Orchestra

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
<div align="center">
header.jpg
</div>[br]
This week we get two deals, first the award-winning sci-fi MMORPG Eve Online is now available for $9.99 (reg $14.99). Eve Online has earned numerous awards from the gaming press including the 2007 MMRPG.com "Best Overall Game" award.[br][br]

<div align="center">
header.jpg
</div>[br]
The second game is Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 now available for just $4.99 (reg $19.99 - that's 75% off!) To encourage folks to check out Darkest Hour, a brand new mod for the WWII online action game.[br]

Both offers end Monday, June 9th.

haha

I'm not getting eve online for the same reason as WoW, I'm just too afraid.

Holy shit, $4.99 for RO? That's a god damned STEAL!

You bastards better take up that offer, I was about to post a thread on Darkest Hour myself.

Are the servers for RO still busy? Are there many still online?

In case you're thinking of getting into EVE Online because it has cool trailers, be warned: All of the trailers are fake and include things you can't do ingame, for example the latest has a mothership (shiptype flown only by people who have played for over 2,5 years because of the skill point requirement) crashing a station. That's not possible, EVE has Odd Physics™ which bounce even the biggest ships around if they're about to collide with something. That said, try it if you feel like flying around in space getting blown up in a world filled with huge lag spikes and ganks. I did it for over two years and while a lot of things irked me like corrupt devs, there actually is an enjoyable game under all that crap that's layered on it.

Are the servers for RO still busy? Are there many still online?

Plenty of players and servers, unfortunately most of them are a bit laggy.
But it's damn fun if it's your cup of tea.

hmm, wonder if someone could clear this up for me.

Steam advertises a 21 free trial for EVE. The trial I got off the EVE website is only 14 days - So do you get a week longer free if you get the steam version?

Been playing my current trial for a few days and love it.

I'd buy it if I could download it. Alas, my 20K/s speed isn't helping.

I've been wanting to get RO for a while, and it's $5 now. I can't pass this deal up

Back