Still 16.11.04?

Unfocused

Companion Cube
Reaction score
Is the 16th November still the release date? I phoned a local store and the guy says 26th is the worldwide release. I told him that everywhere on the net it is stated 16.11.04 :D. The guy asked me to wait for a while then said something about an email and that they have two colliding bit of information on the release date now. Was that guy just a little retarted or has something been changed? Everywhere it is still 16.11.04 and I'm 99% sure this guy knew little on the topic.

That guy is a retard, it is indeed November 16th.

Yes, it is still the 16th (Tuesday).

Ownzed, he was asking a question, not requesting a troll to insult him. Go away.

what if tuesday doesnt come and it goes to wednesday

stinger.aim92 said:
Is the 16th November still the release date? I phoned a local store and the guy says 26th is the worldwide release. I told him that everywhere on the net it is stated 16.11.04 :D. The guy asked me to wait for a while then said something about an email and that they have two colliding bit of information on the release date now. Was that guy just a little retarted or has something been changed? Everywhere it is still 16.11.04 and I'm 99% sure this guy knew little on the topic.

"Alright, let's see... I've got one e-mail from 16th July and one from early November, the latter stating that the game has gone gold. Hmm, which one should I believe?"
I reckon his thoughts were something along the lines of this.

Whitezero: the thread creator did question whether the informer was "retarted" or not.

They are probably confused about the CE date in the EU which I think is the 26th. I am not sure because I live in the US and our CE comes out on the 16th along with the regular version.

WhiteZero said:
Yes, it is still the 16th (Tuesday).

Ownzed, he was asking a question, not requesting a troll to insult him. Go away.

Read the post in context before you attack people. He was saying the guy at the store was a retard not the poster.

InvaderScooge said:
They are probably confused about the CE date in the EU which I think is the 26th. I am not sure because I live in the US and our CE comes out on the 16th along with the regular version.

Sorry, but what's a CE? (lame question maybe) You mean Central Europe? I thought the release is worldwide.

stinger.aim92 said:
Sorry, but what's a CE? (lame question maybe) You mean Central Europe? I thought the release is worldwide.

Collector's Edition

InvaderScooge said:
Read the post in context before you attack people. He was saying the guy at the store was a retard not the poster.

*looks around nervously*
Uhhh...he edited his post to say "that" instead of "this". Yessss... thats it... :thumbs:

Stores in the USA already have the game in most places. They have to wait to put it out in the retail space to sell. It will be out the 16h for sure, if not you can always preload and buy it on Steam, and you'll have it on the 16th without a doubt.

stinger.aim92 said:

Another case of the employee who has no idea what he's selling. The manager of the EBgames near me had no idea what Steam was.

He asked me why I cancelled my preorder, and I told him that I preordered through Steam. After I giggled at the blank stare I got, I told him it was Valve's Content Distribution System. Another blank stare.....so I took my Copy of Mario Tennis and left. :E

Tyguy said:
what if tuesday doesnt come and it goes to wednesday
if tues didnt come i would be quite worried, maybe it would mean time is falling apart and the end of the world is soon?

Quick lets call in Captain Janeway to restore the timeline...

LawOfTheStraw said:
Quick lets call in Captain Janeway to restore the timeline...
/me is so happy he cries, yeeees HL2 is out 30th september 2003 :borg:

When I was at EB last Friday the guy said the 17th, but that's here in Atlantic Canada.

But still, there's no way it won't be here on the 16th, especially since a lot of stores have had it for a day or so now, even if it is the states.

Ateoto said:
Another case of the employee who has no idea what he's selling. The manager of the EBgames near me had no idea what Steam was.

He asked me why I cancelled my preorder, and I told him that I preordered through Steam. After I giggled at the blank stare I got, I told him it was Valve's Content Distribution System. Another blank stare.....so I took my Copy of Mario Tennis and left. :E

oh u meanie :E
shoulda taken a minute to explain to the newb what Steam is and how it works :p

oooooo mmmmm gggggggg, yes, it is still the ****ing 16th!!! how many freakin times do people need to say this????!!!!!!

Words of Advice: Never trust game retailers for game release dates. Only the game developers and game publishers give the OFFICIAL release date. VALVe and Vivendi say 11.16.04 (Nov 16th, 2004), then that's how it is.

It gets unlocked at 3 am east the 16th.

Back