Stop clicking links.

Chris D

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Please! Stop clicking links unless you already know what they are!

It's quite simple. :|

Okay dokay. Nice job on deleting spoilers. Do you know how long its going to last for?

ah, my fault for not reading the sticky.

i do apologise :)

People keep posting obscure threads, and in these obscure threads are obscure leaks and spoilers.

For some reason, people seem inclined to click these links, even though it's making their own forum account spread the problem even further.

Do not click on any links you aren't familiar with,

That son of a Bitch already spoiled a few good points in the story line for me, and on a few of them he appeared to be using this account! which is my brothers. I immediately knew what was going on and I stopped clicking them right away.

EDIT: Because if I didn’t why would i want to spoil myself anymore?

I was slitly spoiled yesterday, now I don't ckick anything with 1 view.

It's because you clicked on a link that executes a script that automatically uses your cookies to post the spoilers and spread the link on even further.

Someone posted with my account as well... ;(

EDIT: Ah, ok Chris.

Loke said:
Someone posted with my account as well... ;(

EDIT: Ah, ok Chris.
It might as well have been you doing it.

Just don't ever click on links you aren't familiar with, especially when the context of the thread they're in is so obscure.

I suggest a 2 day ban for posting spoilers. That will teach people from not clicking on links.

Chris, I was gonna click on one of those threads, but you had closed and deleted it (Thanks, by the way :)). However, I was stilled spoiled by the little yellow tooltip box that pops up, as it retains the first sentence even though you delete the thread, is there a way to fix that?

i think i mightve had the ending spoiled for me :'(

Can you not just BAN people who click them? If they wish to click links make them learn.

Chris_D said:
It's because you clicked on a link that executes a script that automatically uses your cookies to post the spoilers and spread the link on even further.
Heh...you gotta love Internet Explorer. Glad I use Firefox.

Mountain Man said:
Heh...you gotta love Internet Explorer. Glad I use Firefox.
It works on Firefox too. :(

I'm not sure about Opera though, and I don't want to be the one who finds out.

The Mullinator said:
I'm not sure about Opera though, and I don't want to be the one who finds out.

It works on Opera too... :(

Except in Firefox, you can easily diasable scripts which I did quite some time ago. There's really no need for them anyway for 99% of websurfing, and the few times they are used it's almost always malacious.

Firefox is a beautiful thing. Unfortunately, the company I work for is Microsoft Certified so I have to use IE at work :\

MaxiKana said:
I suggest a 2 day ban for posting spoilers. That will teach people from not clicking on links.

No.

PERMANENT ban.

(how would u POSSIBLY let them get away with that, with only a 2 day ban? omg)

Xenome said:
No.

PERMANENT ban.

(how would u POSSIBLY let them get away with that, with only a 2 day ban? omg)

Because their only crime is stupidity. If this continues though, I agree with a short ban. Forced education is the only way sometimes. (At work, we've switched to a $50 re-enable fee for internet connections that are disabled due to virus/trojan/etc activity.)

Mountain Man said:
Except in Firefox, you can easily diasable scripts which I did quite some time ago. There's really no need for them anyway for 99% of websurfing, and the few times they are used it's almost always malacious.

If I was making a script, it'd be server-side so you couldn't disable it. Thus the reason it works on ALL browsers. Because "disable scripting" is only for JavaScript.

whoa whoa whoa, can someone point out what has been happening or give a little synopsis.

Thats it! no more posting for me

So long SUCKERS!!!

Im not going here if this crap about these scripts are happening...

-Farewell, Danimal

Back