strange lag in certain maps

S

SAIKO

peeps, i have a strange problem when playing CSS. In certain maps (dust, dust2 and now on certain places in port too) i get lag. And not in the whole map, but in some areas... Its very strange as it affects everything: game, messages, console, everything. Even when im watching other peeps, i get lag on those places. As you can imagine, it drives me crazy as it makes those maps not playable for me. I have tried to fix it by getting other drivers for my vga but they didnt work. In fact, the latest catalyst (5.7) affected the game in another way: it caused walls to be invisble, player models were gone etc etc...) So atm im kinda desperate to fix this. Can you please help me!
my system is:
- Athlon XP @ 2000 Mhz (200x10)
- 1024 MB corsair PC3200
- Ati Radeon 9700pro 128 mb

like i said, im not sure its the system: no lag in other maps. It does seem to become a little worse lately tho. Ive also tried firewall stuff. Even a complete reinstall doesnt work. im thinking about buying a new VPU (6600GT). Please help me!!!

ive tried to create a server a few mins ago and i must say that the lag is less altho is it still there. The places where it used to be were less but in the places it did lag, the lag was as worse as ever... so i think it is something on my own pc then?

cable, 2mb and in my other house, where i had the same probs, cable on 4mb. other friends of mine, with the same ISP and same speeds dont have it so i dont think its the provider... i hope....

I bet you have vSync enabled... if you do, turn it off! It is screwy in CSS so if you want it locked at 60 fps you have to create a config file that will launch the console code fps_max 61 every time you open CSS

We've had a lot of threads like this lately specificly saying Dust. I too get major lag on the Dust maps. Weird.

Back