Stuck in Follow Freeman chapter

S

supaspic

Hi, I'm new and am just playing HL2 for the first time and I hit my first wall. I am in follow freeman and trying to shut down the 3 generators with Barney. I was heading towards one of the doors which closed behind you to trap you in and as I entered, I ran back and the door shut closed. I was able to disable the generator where you have to fight guys through the holes in the walls, but I was still not ale to enter the door which closed when I tripped the laser. I ran around the whole building looking for way to open the door but found nothing. I also was screwed because my game saved over the previous auto and now if I want to go before closing the door I have to head back to the Sandtraps chapter.

Is there a way to open that closed door, or am I stuck going through all over again. Thanx.

You should save on your own throughout the whole game, after every load point. Plus, you can go select "New game" and then go to the chapter "Follow Freeman" and you'll be back next to the snipers. A bit closer.

And you have to get through that room without tripping the lasers. I thought this was a given, because everywhere when you see lasers like that, if you trip them, turrets come out and blast you... so avoid them... or be prepared to fight. :D

But in that particular room you HAVE to avoid them, There's no alternative.

Back