Stuck in Water Hazard

R

realforce

I'm playing through HL2 for the first time now, but I'm stuck in the Water Hazard mission. I'm at the place where you meet two tanks and you've got the machine gun mounted. I've played a while after that, and it looks like if you're to jump over the water and into the tunnel. Had a really hard time getting behind those poles, but I made it at last. Anyway, the problem is that no matter how much speed I gather, it still looks like I'm not making it across; it's like I'm hitting an invisible wall or something. I really don't know what to do, any help is welcome. I really hate beeing stuck in games, but I guess that's how it is... :)

Any tips?

I'm playing through HL2 for the first time now, but I'm stuck in the Water Hazard mission. I'm at the place where you meet two tanks and you've got the machine gun mounted. I've played a while after that, and it looks like if you're to jump over the water and into the tunnel. Had a really hard time getting behind those poles, but I made it at last. Anyway, the problem is that no matter how much speed I gather, it still looks like I'm not making it across; it's like I'm hitting an invisible wall or something. I really don't know what to do, any help is welcome. I really hate beeing stuck in games, but I guess that's how it is... :)

Any tips?

Not sure which area you're talking about... the sort of square area with the APCs on two sides of it?
If so, the way you're supposed to get out:
- Look for a red shipping-crate-thing towards the far end of the area (directly in front of you when you enter)
- Get out of the airboat and go through the gap next to the crate
- Look back inside the crate; you should see a couple of explosive barrels. Shoot them.
- Get out again, and the doors of the crate should have opened - you can now drive your airboat into the crate, around the loop, up the ramp, and into the tunnel. Should solve the invisible-wall problem.

Any tips?

Try and include a screenshot, that would make it easier for us to help you ;)

You will neither jump the gap if you drive up the middle of the ramp. Stick to the left if you want to make the jump. That's a tip seeing as manhalis summed up your problem. So remember stick to the left once your at the ramp otherwise you will probably flip your airboat half way there and lose health unecessarily as well as taking damage from the APCs if they are still fuctioning.

Also I would suggest destroying the APCs before attempting Manhalis' solution, it means you have less distractions whilst trying to complete the resolution and means you will lose less health in the long run. :)

Tried using our walk through to make sure you are doing it correctly? Are you driving all the way around under the pier?

Back