Stuck!!!possible spoilers.

Gavon

Reaction score
The room with the pipes and water. I tried to turn the big red valve nothing happends! The room next to it has a ladder that goes below, needs to be filled with water. wtf valve doesn't turn though im confused!?

There was no red valve for me there, I had to skip it with sv_cheats 1, noclip 1.

Gavon said:
The room with the pipes and water. I tried to turn the big red valve nothing happends! The room next to it has a ladder that goes below, needs to be filled with water. wtf valve doesn't turn though im confused!?
Omg because Valve sucks!!!

Have you tried holding in your use button?

FISKER_Q said:
Omg because Valve sucks!!!

Have you tried holding in your use button?
well duh of course i did! ther is no animations that show me the valve turns.

well whats supposed to happen(I think)

You turn the valve, room fills with water, backtrack a bit and then swim throgh a "pipe" thing to the room your trying to reach

Sorry if im at the completely wrong bit

Is this not what happens for you

edit: obviously not, must be a bug

either reload at an earlier autosave or use no clip probably

C'mon someone give me a hint i dun want to cheat..

OJS said:
well whats supposed to happen(I think)

You turn the valve, room fills with water, backtrack a bit and then swim throgh a "pipe" thing to the room your trying to reach

Sorry if im at the completely wrong bit

Is this not what happens for you
I have my use key binded to my enter key i press it near the red valve i dont see any sort of movement wtf?

yea im pretty sure the valve moved mate, have you tried reloading from an earlier autosave? they're quite frequent, shouldnt dent your game too much

The red valve definitely moved. The water level rose.

That part sucked. I wasted nearly all my SMG ammo shooting those manhacks.

After you drop from the ceiling and land on the barrels, after killing the manhacks, go on the pipe that streches across the room. Then go through the hallway and jump down on the horizontal pipes and work your way down to the red valve. Turn it and the water level will rise. Go back to the previous room and go through the hole in the center of the floor. Swin through a pipe and then you are in the room next to the pipes and valve. Break the wood panels at the bottom of the water. Wooden wire spools will float to the top and you can jump on them and exit the sewers.

Half Life 2 is so damn cool!!! I just wish there were gibing like the original. Oh well. Maybe in a mod.

I guess Valve should have made that section of the game a little more clearer. A lot of people are having trouble figuring out that room. Maybe it's just the fatigue from playing for 2 hours straight and no damn sleep.

Who knows.

Back