Subscriptions that you cannot cancel online

Raziaar

I Hate Custom Titles
Reaction score
What a ****ing joke.

Apparently even though the credit card used for my XBOX Live Gold membership was canceled months back, it's still been 'billing' by sort of keeping a tab. It's been doing this for months without me realizing it.

So I'm trying to cancel the god damn ****ing subscription online, and I cannot do it. You have to call in to cancel.

This is the single most bullshit thing there is when it comes to subscriptions for games, where you cannot cancel your subscription online. They use this bullshit tactic to try and retain subscriptions even though credit cards and shit are no longer good, and then shove the huge tab balance down your throat next time you try subscribing.

Yeah, that sounds pretty retardedly stupid. Well, just don't re-subscribe!

Well they always say you should always contact the company and cancel your subscription before cancelling your credit card. It's your own fault really. Most company's are like that now, as long as they can charge you they are happy. At the end of the day, either they get paid or you'll never be able to use their service ever.

Microsoft is the worst when it comes to this. I canceled my subscription awhile ago and it look about an hour total on the phone. Completely bullshit.

I've had the same problem, not just with MS, but with many other subscription based companies.

Pro-tip, I now have XBLGold again, however, I only use the XBL Gold cards you buy in stores, that way they can't autorenew.

Well they always say you should always contact the company and cancel your subscription before cancelling your credit card. It's your own fault really. Most company's are like that now, as long as they can charge you they are happy. At the end of the day, either they get paid or you'll never be able to use their service ever.

It was identify theft. You can understand the haste in cancellation.

I bet that's a bitch on your credit score, too

They did the very same thing to me. About two years ago, they charged me for 3 months without me even realizing it.
Their subscription is just like MMO subscriptions. If you do not cancel it yourself, they will continue to charge you for it. I haven't bothered with the XBOX Live service ever since then.

Ah damnit, I'm in the same boat now. My account is about to renew, and I'm broke for it atm. Just today I was thinking I could just cancel it online, so I called the service number thinking I could just do with through the answer machine, but no. I get the message that they're closed for the night, so I have to actually speak with a live representative to cancel my damn account. FFS...

Back