Sunday Mod Round-up - 15/11/09

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the first Halflife2.net Sunday mod round-up in a long time. In these articles we will put together the most important happenings in the mod community for the week just gone. These will include new mods, media, patches, requests for help & new releases. If you're involved in a mod and want it covered, email us at [email protected]. Also add your mod to our new mod database section which you can update as you please. This week:
1. Overheid Released - There was more going on in City 17 than what Gordon Freeman and Alyx were doing. Follow a new recruit as he struggles to find his place in the movement, and see just how sinister the Combine can be. Requires: HL2 Ep2. More info and download here[br]

2. Dead Before Dawn Released - Awesome add-on campaign for Left 4 Dead, a tad buggy but worth the download for any true Left 4 Dead fan. Download here[br]

3. Flesh Mod Announced - A new mod on the scene with promise of plenty of horror. Will be a single player Horror Mini-mod for the Halflife 2 engine. More here[br]

4. Dino D-Day Released - You have to check this mod out for yourself and be ready for epic dinosaur Nazi action. From what the developers have said, expect dinosaurs to fall the from the skies. The models and textures look fantastic. More info and download here (HL2.net pick of the week).[br]

5. Firearms: Source - Another video and some screenshots - The team are busy with map tweaks, weapon tweaks and bug fixes. In the video, you will see domination of other testers with the M14 on ps_sand. More here.[br]

6. Jailbreak Source Update - With only weeks to go until the release of Jailbreak: Source 0.6, we're bringing you another gameplay trailer showing footage from the new gamemode Deathball. See video here.
Our pick of the week is Dino D-Day, who doesn't love dinosaurs. Stay posted for next week's round up. Also. a quick reminder - our Left 4 Dead 2 competition closes on 17th so enter before it's too late!

Dino D-Day has neither dinosaurs nor Nazis, but rather, Nazi dinosaurs! Dino D-Day doesn't love dinosaurs.

I will expect Dinosaurs to fall the from the skies, and they look fantastic.

Overheid's Demo was alright, mapping was good bar the last section, felt like it had no clear indication of where the player was meant to move to. Also would have liked to be engaged by the helicopter earlier, would have made it more tense.

I haven't paid attention to mods in years but the dinosaur one looks awesome/hilarious. Might try it out if I have time.

Firearms Source is the one I'm most looking forward to. But Follow Freeman was a great co-op mod. I think it died tho :(

Dino D-Day has neither dinosaurs nor Nazis, but rather, Nazi dinosaurs! Dino D-Day doesn't love dinosaurs.

I will expect Dinosaurs to fall the from the skies, and they look fantastic.
Yeah, but they don't play that well, alas... First of all, only a demo appears to be downloadable, the full mod will be available at a price, if I understood correctly. Second, the lack of ammo is stunning. After killing some soldiers I'm all out of it, and then I'm supposed to go run into them and melee them down? Third, the demo suddenly ends or so, or I'm just plain stuck without any clue... Fourth, the map's not finished; I managed to fall into a great white void, which at first I thought would be the Nirvana everyone keeps talking about all the time.

All in all, a bit of a disappointment!

Demo? This is an alpha build, isn't it? I think this was just released to show a little of what's coming, but I don't think this was meant to be an actual demo. I think HL2.net might wanna check on that, because I thought the dev team referred to it as a prototype, not a full release or a demo.

Seems you're right. Anyway, can't say I'm overly enthusiastic about this prototype thing...

lol i forgot...

just think people who dont play something and make comments like it sucks should honestly play. But hey if you did and didnt like it preach on!

Yeah I'll agree with you there, you should at least give something like that a chance by at least playing it a little.

Back