SW Ohio Police Dept switches to tridents after tasers prove ineffective in marine env

Robbo

Spy
Reaction score
The Colerain Township Police Department in southwest Ohio is the first in the state to make a switch in their non-lethal devices.

Officers are using a Mark 63 Trident instead of the Tasers that have been on the job for the last seven years.

The Trident can be used as a stun gun, baton, a blinding strobe light and also shoots pepper spray. It's being called the Swiss army knife of non-lethal weapons.

Police Chief Dan Meloy said it reduces the number of decisions for officers on whether to use a gun or the Trident.

Source

Seems like a pretty good tool, there have been a lot of problems here too with people being killed and injured by tasers. If something like this can give them multiple options without having to fumble through their belts for cans of pepper spray or a baton then it can only be a good thing.

I can just see a cop using it as a bludgeoning tool and the taser bit going off while inside someone's eye socket or something.

Independently tested proprietary waveform technology allows operators to incapacitate individuals non-invasively.

We hurtz better.

Hey this is right where I live...never heard about it until now. But yeah the "trident" was a little disappointing after reading about it. I was hoping it was something Zeus-esque.

10409780_gal.jpg

Hey did I get here in time to make the Anchorman referOH DAMNIT.

Source

Seems like a pretty good tool, there have been a lot of problems here too with people being killed and injured by tasers. If something like this can give them multiple options without having to fumble through their belts for cans of pepper spray or a baton then it can only be a good thing.

Fumbling through their belts? Non lethal weapons have holsters just like guns.

Fumbling through their belts? Non lethal weapons have holsters just like guns.
By fumbling I mean that the more options they have in their hands at any one time the better. Currently they have their baryons, taser and pepper spray all in separate containers/equipment. Having it all in one will mean they can react faster to the crazy that's running towards them :)

Baryons? **** the particle physicist police!

Baryons? **** the particle physicist police!

The particle physics police aren't very effective at catching people. They can never simultaneously tell where someone is and where they're going.

Having it all in one will mean they can react faster to the crazy that's running towards them :)

And accidentally shoot pepper spray into your punctured, electrocuted eyeball.

Back