System Goes Back To Windows After Loading...

B

burnham

when i click the hl2 icon.... it loads up... i can see the man with the thing on his eye at the intro... but when i reach the loading part, it goes back to windows.... pls help....

MY SPECS :

AMD Athlon XP 2800+ 2.1GHZ

512MB RAM

160GB HDD

ATI RADEON 9600 XT ( i already installed the latest driver )

Do you have the latest DirectX version? (9.0c December version)
And do you also have the latest sound drivers?

It happened to me too... you must go to your videocard webpage and download the drivers to play this game, and by the way, you can find patches in the web ... www.google.com

yep i have the latest direct x december edition.... i also have the latest driver for my video card... but i dont have the latest driver for my sound... but i dont see the connection between the sound and the failure to load the game....

losermeetsworld said:
Buy the game
You obviously suck at noticing haxxed versions :|

burnham, is the exe you click to start the game called "loader.exe"?

I BOUGHT THE GAME!!!! O,0 its the retail version.... it worked properly with my other pc....but it got wet so i had to send to the computer shop.... im using my temporary pc...

Good. Anyway, could you give us your system specifications? (More precise, tutorial can be found here : Link)

wouldnt steam prompt you if your video-card drivers are "old" or "not good".
I can remember having steam say that.
Perhaps re-downloading through steam, or something is the only way out. Sounds to me like its a corrupted install.

Ome_Vince said:
wouldnt steam prompt you if your video-card drivers are "old" or "not good".
I can remember having steam say that.
Perhaps re-downloading through steam, or something is the only way out. Sounds to me like its a corrupted install.
If that's the case, he should just click this link: steam://validate/220

Back