"Tarantino to direct Half-Life movie?" - Gamespot Rumor

If only. Because I reckon he'd do all he could to get it right and less impress his own style on it.

Its bogus, but if you read Taratino's bio at IMDB, hes actually a Half-Life fan.

That would be nifty...but I call fake. I'm sure Valve would have said something.

well...it might be interesting to see what Tarantino could with the Half Life script but yeah.. it does seem bogus.
maybe this is where a Ridley Scott steps in :cheese:

Its been confirmed Boguns. The sec i read that tho i did jump!

I dunno, I haven;t liked his recent works, and he's never done anything as grand as Half-Life would have to be, so I'm not sure I;d want him making the movie anyway - but of course, this isn;t a problem because it's all bs.

Yeah the Kill Bill saga didn't interest me or entertain me as much as the other films he made.

jmjneary said:
well arent we about to see him venture in to horror
No?

He didn't direct Hostel.

Edit : Forgot about Grindhouse x.x

As already mentioned IMDB writes about the fact that Tarantino plays Half-life. There's more tho:

Is a huge fan of the "Half-Life" (1997) computer game series, and has considered possibilities of directing a movie adaptation.

Link

IMDB isn't always very accurate. Just like wikipedia. I mean, I still can't believe Robin Williams plays HL2 and BF2.

Robin Williams does play Half-Life 2 and BF2, in fact, Robin Williams often goes to E3, he even visited VALVe's booth in 03 when they were showing off HL2 for the first time.

I don't know about Tarantino being a HL fan though, 'cos I recall an interview with Avery where he said Tarantino "disrespected" gaming.

Man, I'd love to see tarantino do HL. I'm sure he'd do something really cool/unique with the fact that Gordon never talks...

/wishful thinking

that is such yesterdays news
i remember ppl yapping about it two years ago
its a myth as far as i know

mortiz said:
Robin Williams does play Half-Life 2 and BF2, in fact, Robin Williams often goes to E3, he even visited VALVe's booth in 03 when they were showing off HL2 for the first time.

I know -_-. I said I still couldn't believe it.

Alyx and Gordon dancing at Jack Rabbit Slim's, I don't see it happening

Is there any connection between Robin Williams and Robbie Williams?
Cuz i've never heard of Robin Williams before X_X

Llama said:
Cuz i've never heard of Robin Williams before X_X

Fo rly?

3b59391c54472.jpg

he played Half-Life and loved it, was supposed to be in Half-Life 2 but couldn't because of scheduling conflicts. But i'd say its a good shot he has played HL2.

It would be awesome if he's in Half-Life 3 or Aftermath though.

I'd say its a good shot that he owns half-life 2. He probably plays CS: Source too n_n.

Oh, what? Oh dear God there making a Half-Life movie. Oh dear God, oh no, oh no.
The Half-Life story was not designed for a movie, Oh dear God *slits wrist*

theSteven said:
Oh, what? Oh dear God there making a Half-Life movie. Oh dear God, oh no, oh no.
The Half-Life story was not designed for a movie, Oh dear God *slits wrist*

Calm down and read the thread mate

DeusExMachinia said:
I'd say its a good shot that he owns half-life 2. He probably plays CS: Source too n_n.
I believe he may have had a stint in DOD, so I'd say thats more likely. His tastes also tend to mirror my own, so I'd guess he favors things a little bit more large in scale than Counter Strike (like his long standing obsession with the Battlefield series).

He's a bit too good to do a HL movie honestly. I'd much rather see an orignal QT movie than some videogame adaptation. Not to mention the style of the game and his directing are on two opposite ends of the spectrum.

Half-Life wouldn't make a good movie anyway, the whole story telling narrative is what makes it great, that would be lost in a movie. If you think about it the plot isn't that special, just your standard alien invasion fluff ... it's the way they tell it that makes it stand out.

Back