Team Fortress 2 and Counter-Strike: Source Beta Update Released

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
A new updates for Team Fortress 2 and CS:Source Beta have been released. Check the change list below:[br]

Engine:
  • Improved crash reporting system to enable more detailed crash reports
  • Fixed a client crash caused by a buffer overflow while processing temp entities
[br]
CS:Source Beta:

• </li>
  • Fixed not being able to add bots to the game using the Create Server dialog
  • Fixed some movement ConVars to match the current Counter-Strike: Source settings for default values and flags
  • Fixed several rubberbanding/stuttering issues with objects and players
  • Fixed several ConVars (sv_accelerate, maxspeed, etc.) being hidden
  • Fixed bloom problems
  • Fixed a server crash caused by malformed client autobuy string
  • Fixed developer console output being on by default
  • Fixed "Report Bug" in the main menu not working
  • Fixed the missing icon for the desktop shortcut
  • Fixed the "rebuy" command not buying the correct items depending on the order they were purchased in
  • Fixed the clock image in the spectator HUD being clipped
[br]
Team Fortress 2:
  • Fixed a case where the Spy could start taunting and cloak at the same time
  • Flamethrower changes:
    • Increased base damage 10%
    • Afterburn duration increased (from 6 to 10)
    • Flares that hit a burning player at mid-to-long range will crit
    • Reduced Backburner damage bonus from 20% to 15%

# Increased base damage 10%

# Afterburn duration increased (from 6 to 10)

# Flares that hit a burning player at mid-to-long range will crit

# Reduced Backburner damage bonus from 20% to 15%

HAHAHAHAHAHHA

I'm returning to my favourite class after all.
That Flare mutation is rather sizable seeing that all my flare hits are practically long range.

http://www.halflife2.net/2010/05/19/team-fortress-2-and-css-beta-update/
http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=169319
Sorry Digi..

Looks like what they were trying out with the pyro didn't work for them. I never complained about the damage really, but the afterburn burned for too long after the fact.(make it 8 seconds please!)

I could hardly complain about the damage, the only think I had trouble with is that no one feared pyros anymore and demomen were unstoppable.

Was anyone else unsure whether he meant Team Fortress 2 or the Team Fortress 2 Beta?

I could hardly complain about the damage, the only think I had trouble with is that no one feared pyros anymore and demomen were unstoppable.

I liked people not fearing pyros for the same reason pedophiles like children not fearing ice cream trucks.

The -20% damage on the flamethrower was too much, the +10% is a better balance. Still at 90% now but the pyro needed balancing to deal with the w+m1 technique which Valve are trying to stamp out - promote team based play by making the pyro work with the team rather than going kamikaze.

Reflects crit'ing, homewrecker unsapping, spy detection, extinguishing team mates. A team pyro I think is the change they are looking for.

Teamwork Pyros are overpowered and require even less skill than kamikaze Pyro. And it's less fun.

But yeah, flare crits are going to make me very happy.

Teamwork Pyros are overpowered and require even less skill than kamikaze Pyro. And it's less fun.

But yeah, flare crits are going to make me very happy.

>w+m1 pyro
>skill
what the **** am i reading

It's called strafing, jumping, and using cover, and teamwork pyro does not require it.

Back