Team Fortress 2 Blog Update

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
Robin Walker has added an update on the TF2 blog rounding up a variety of TF2 related news from Valve and the community. Robin talks about how a now much larger Valve is able to have people working on both L4D2 and TF2 and so we shall continue to see updates, including releasing character animation sources for the community to play with in SDK.
We decided it'd be best to get one model out, if only so we could get your feedback on it before we went ahead and got the rest done. So today we're updating the Source SDK to include all the model and animation source for the Heavy.
Other community updates include The Dead Workers Party TF2 podcast, Ubercharged.net's guide to competitive gaming and SourceOP's extremely nifty backpack viewer. Valve have also added more TF2 avatars of ubercharged classes, as seen below. See the blog post here.[br]

Its interesting that they have a new file format for Models or Animations (or both?). I wonder if they are looking into improving the creation of models for the Source engine. Each iteration of the engine has used more and more mesh props for map detail, and it would be nice to have a streamlined way of building complex geometry alongside hammer. But I think im just dreaming lol.

I love that engineer avatar.

Guess we should have seen the L4D related drought coming. Shame I was looking forward to the next class update and/or item crafting but it's understandable.

Or if you wanted to see Gabe's weapon that bans your Steam account if he kills you with it.
Heh, I love it when Valve humorously addresses a controversy.

Also the BLU avatars are better.
d473fddc38f6d7914b2ca7bef51a91ce49db8afd_full.jpg
2158a68090be7b64dcb7fe7d6e2c63a7a7808c23_full.jpg
3968104f2133d94d57773bdd874be2e5efa71160_full.jpg

Back