Team Fortress 2 Trailer 2

-smash-

Content Director
Reaction score
As with the Episode Two trailer just released by VALVe, this is a direct-feed video, not the generic shaky cam you've been seeing around the interweb from the Leipzig Game Convention - Though it does contain the same footage. A cloaked Spy with a nifty butterfly knife? Soldiers launching themselves into the blue sky beyond with their own rocket launchers? GIBS?! I think I'm crying with tears of joy right now…[br]

Well, thanks for revealing what it really is!

I have a thread in the TF2 section.

It's a balisong, also known as a butterfly knife. Used for doing tricks with. Gabe is a blade fan, you can find him on BladeForum, that's probably why it's in there.

No but I can say fucking awesome, which is an even better looking bypass of the filter.

Still downloading :(

But his way was all cool and Roman.

edit: Oh, and I like this trailer, but not as much as Portal.

Anyone else having troubles downloading the trailer through the Media section on Steam? I can't seem to get it to go.

Edit: Fixed by restarting Steam.

Is this teh same trailor that was released about a week ago? SHowing all the classes in some cool/funny way? *except the medic*

uh no, pyro wasnt shown either and thats too bad cuz i like him a lot even though he sucks and ill never pick him

Is TF2 using rag doll physics? I question this because after the headshot delivered by the sniper, his body did not react realistically - it fell forward towards the force of the bullet.

It looks more dramatic for him to just fall on his knees and die, you know, dramatically. Besides TF is hardly realistic. (The original mod for Quake had a medic with a healing axe and all kinds of crazy shenanigans.

Its kinda funny that there is a large cartoon man with a chaingun standing in the middle of open ground between an industrial complex and a farm, gunning down everybody, and you think its unrealistic that he fell forward when he died.

well he is HW guy. The weight of his tremendous upper body and his insane machine gun brought him down foward. I mean shit dude, that gun weighs in big it's no feather. Tons of people when shot chose to die going foward rather than back. I think the bullet just penetrates and does not carry the whole body back because it is a small thing indeed. His head would go up a bit maybe but his body foward cuz he chose that way.

Now what really is unrealistic is that you can use your own rocket to fly when it would really blow your legs off.

LOL!

I saw the Medic! Can you spot him too? He's pulling a g-man on the scout :D

there wasn't any gibbing!

I demand a refund! D:

good trailer anyways

there was definitely no show for the pyro though.

>..I can't download! I try to tell it i have steam, but its like "HAHA YOU CLICK AND I DONT RESPOND!"

*EDIT*..nm..had to use IE...boooo

>..I can't download! I try to tell it i have steam, but its like "HAHA YOU CLICK AND I DONT RESPOND!"

*EDIT*..nm..had to use IE...boooo
What did you use before? Firefox worked for me. :bounce:

What did you use before? Firefox worked for me. :bounce:

Yeah, firefox wouldnt work for me...oh well.

PS The video kicks major ass. It looks better like this when the other video I saw of it was tiny and I couldn't read the "Tags" up top.

Great funnies...teh soldier bit is still very funny.

And yeah, I saw the medic this time..sneaky bastard.

If you click to download and it doesn't work..just restart steam.

Is TF2 using rag doll physics? I question this because after the headshot delivered by the sniper, his body did not react realistically - it fell forward towards the force of the bullet.

"react realistically"?

That was reacting realistically... bullets do not cause you to do backflips. They are small, don't weigh much, and tend to travel through the person, meaning that not much kinetic energy is passed to the target.

Sorry but if you were to run down to you're local gun store and buy a .357 magnum and shoot a man. You'll find out that he won't fly 2 metres back but just fall down. Hollywood really puts shit into you people. LOL SHOTGUNS MAKE U FLY 1000 METRES!!

Did anyone notice the teeny quotes above the names of the classes? They read:

Engineer: "I like to make things"
HW Guy: "Shooting good"
Sniper: "Pink cloud of death" (New poison gas grenade?)
Spy: "..."
Scout: "Too. Much. Caffeine."
Demoman: "Boom boom baby"
Soldier: "I'm a rocket man"

The engineer's sentry gun apparently came from a toolbox, too, I wouldn't be suprised if thats a new inventory 'weapon'.
And the sniper looks like he has some kind of laser sight on his gun.

It all looks very cool. But I'm really excited about the gibs. Thats one thing I've really missed in the Source engine. Does anyone know if there has been any mods using gib 'technology' yet?

Well in Sin Episodes: Emergence there were gibs.

Shoot a guy in the face and his head goes SPLATTY. Goes into different pieces.

Blow somebody up, and limbs start flying.

Sorry but if you were to run down to you're local gun store and buy a .357 magnum and shoot a man. You'll find out that he won't fly 2 metres back but just fall down. Hollywood really puts shit into you people. LOL SHOTGUNS MAKE U FLY 1000 METRES!!

That reminds me of a mythbusters episode where they were testing this. Indeed, bodies don't fly back when you shoot them. Most guns didn't produce any reaction at all, the body just stood there. I think just the 12 gauge shotgun made the body move like, 1 inch back and that was it.

I'm going to assume that the MythBusters were testing this on ballistic gel dummies, and not actually going outside and just randomly blasting people with a shotgun. :E

I'm going to assume that the MythBusters were testing this on ballistic gel dummies, and not actually going outside and just randomly blasting people with a shotgun. :E

Correct, but that would have made for a much more entertaining test!
:sniper: :eek:

Mmkay. First off, the Mythbusters used a pig.

Also, AFAIK, TF2 and FF are the only ones with gibs so far.

As well, as happened with JFK, when you get shot in the head and the bullet passes out the other side, the pieces of brain that get expelled produce force that shoots your head back, or towards the bullet. So if you shot someone through the head, their head would fall toward the shot.

Additionally, this trailer looks kick ****ing ass and I can't wait to play.

Back