Team Fortress 2 Update Released

AciD

Reaction score
Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:
[br]New client features
[br]
  • Added Viewmodel FOV slider to advanced multiplayer options
    [*]Added a hide viewmodel option to advanced multiplayer options
  • Added custom crosshair support
    • Added crosshair image, scale, and color settings to the Options->Multiplayer settings tab
    • Moved HUD minimal mode & Disable Spray options into the Advanced Multiplayer settings
  • Added "open_charinfo_direct" command that opens the loadout directly to the class you're currently playing
    • Replaced the "Open Loadout" entry in the options->keys dialog with this new command. Rebind / reset your config to defaults to use it
Gameplay changes
[br]
  • Modified critical hit calculation. Overall, critical hit chance is now much more recent-performance based:
    • Base chance is now 2% (was 5%).
    • Bonus range based on damage done changed from 0%-15% to 0%-10
    • Damage range required for bonus changed from 0-1600 to 0-800
  • Reduced random damage spread applied to all player damage from +-25% to +-10%
    [*]Slight reduction (improvement) of the minigun's spread
    [*]Increased flare direct hit damage from 20 to 30

[*]Rewrote Natascha's slowdown code to be more consistent
    [*]Sniper rifle now supports Crit Boost state like all other weapons (i.e. Kritzkrieg makes all shots critical hits)
  • Stealthed spies are no longer able to pickup the intelligence. They must uncloak first
  • Increased soldier primary ammo count from 16 to 20
New server features
[br]
  • Added "tf_damage_disablespread" convar to disable the 25% damage spread on all damage
  • Added class limit support to tournament mode
    • Set the "tf_tournament_classlimit_X" convars to the max number of class X allowed
  • Added "tf_tournament_hide_domination_icons" convar, that allows a tournament mode server to force clients not to display domination icons over their nemeses
Bugfixes
[br]
  • Fixed crash when running in tools mode
  • Added UTIL_IsCommandIssuedByServerAdmin() checks to several "physics_" CON_COMMAND scripts to prevent clients issuing the commands
  • Fixed bug in teleporter logic that allowed engineers to build teleporters with HUGE health values
  • Fixed matching teleporter not getting a health buff when the pair is upgraded (only the tele you were hitting got the health buff)
  • Fixed Medic UberCharge percentage in minimal-HUD mode

I disagree! The update was neccessary in my opinion.

I don't see why now they decided to nerf Crits. When everyone was complaining about them Valve did nothing now that everyone's got used to them then they decide to nerf them.

I hope it will be end of those stupid non-crit servers. And it's nice to see more damage for flare gun.

Doesn't look like it's nerfed crits to me, just made them based on more recent events...

I don't see why now they decided to nerf Crits. When everyone was complaining about them Valve did nothing now that everyone's got used to them then they decide to nerf them.
As far as I understand it, your base chance to do crits is lower, but the amount of damage you have to do to opponents to start get lots of crits has been reduced.

Shame they nerfed spies when stealing the intel.

Half of an engi's defense against them was to put a sentry right next to the intel causing a spy to potentially uncloak himself trying to sap mah sentreh.

seems like a good update...but I haven't been able to play in a while because my comp. has gone bonkers(serious decrease in performance for all source games(any ideas?))

Pretty awesome update on paper...I'll have to see how it plays now!

Shame they nerfed spies when stealing the intel.

Half of an engi's defense against them was to put a sentry right next to the intel causing a spy to potentially uncloak himself trying to sap mah sentreh.

Then spies must get your intel pretty often. A noob spy will fall for this once or twice before they wise up.

I'm spy primary, but I don't mind this nerf. I'll agree that the "repeating spy suicide run" intel-moving strategy was too much more effective than any other class going for touches. Of course, most teams never saw the merit of dropping a dispenser and spamming minigun and flames for 60 seconds.

Spies could keep intel in play for ages in some games by just throwing themselves at it while cloaked.

Still, I will miss them. They were easy kills for the demoman defending the intel.

Ruined game is valve retard.

You probably took one glance at the list and went straight away to writing that comment. I just can't imagine your reading skills to be any better than your writing.

They didn't nerf them in the slightest way. Sure people have learned to stop bitching about them, but they were still a pain in the ass, especially when you'd get killed because some lucky noob had a crit without having to do anything... Valve just made it more fair and less cheap... nuff said.

This update is great. Here's a little run down of why I like it.

1. Viewmodel FOV - Great! Now I can see a lot more of the screen and it just looks right.
  2. Crits - Thankfully crits happen a lot less so there are very few BS kills. Your performance greatly affects your chance like they should of done in the first place.
  3. Damage Range - This is most definitely noticable with the scattergun as you can do a lot of damage from a distance.
  4. Minigun Tweak - YES! Now the range of minigun makes sense and Natascha's slowdown is so good that people actually fear it! :D
  5. Crosshairs - Aiming is a hell of a lot easier now. A very nice addition.

1. Damage Range - This is most definitely noticable with the scattergun as you can do a lot of damage from a distance.
Is this really what this change affects? I was given to understand it was something to do with the threshold for the crit likelihood bonus (see this thread).

Oh no. I'm talking about this;

# Reduced random damage spread applied to all player damage from +-25% to +-10%

Both the minigun and scattergun are most noticeably improved.

I am going to play medic just to krit some snipers.

Back